2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
Yes.

Something tells me Berry gets tagged, but Smith would be a good signing

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 08:34 PM)
Or is he just not that good?

Or maybe the Bengals aren't that good? Every year people throw the blame on Dalton for losing in the playoffs, yet now with him out, they still aren't playing well

Also, Mike Carey is flat out wrong about that hit not being a penalty (least surprising news ever).

NFL rulebook provides that:

It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
If that's not a personal foul than nothing should be. Unbelievably dirty hit by Shazier.

So helmet to helmet is allowed when he's not "defenseless"?

Hope that's not a broken clavicle for Big Ben, that would ruin the playoffs even more.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
So helmet to helmet is allowed when he's not "defenseless"?

Hope that's not a broken clavicle for Big Ben, that would ruin the playoffs even more.

Nope. Mike Carey is a dumbass. See my post above, that was an illegal hit.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
If that's not a personal foul than nothing should be. Unbelievably dirty hit by Shazier.

Where was the penalty for Burfect running on to the field with his helmet off?

Burfect knocked Bell out for the season, now Rothlisberger.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
Where was the penalty for Burfect running on to the field with his helmet off?

Burfect knocked Bell out for the season, now Rothlisberger.

Clean hit on Roethlisberger. I'd have to rewatch Burfict play but simply taking off a helmet isn't a penalty in the NFL.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
Clean hit on Roethlisberger. I'd have to rewatch Burfict play but simply taking off a helmet isn't a penalty in the NFL.

It is a penalty ehen the offense is on the field and he is supposed to be on the sidelines.

It was aclean hit with a little extra to fall on him. He has already been fined for intentionally going after his legs and knocking him out for a few games.

Piece of crap player.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:07 PM)
It is a penalty ehen the offense is on the field and he is supposed to be on the sidelines.

It was aclean hit with a little extra to fall on him. He has already been fined for intentionally going after his legs and knocking him out for a few games.

Piece of crap player.

Well it was to a piece of s*** human being I guess. That was clearly a clean hit.

I don't think you're right on the penalty. All I can find is this: Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.

I didn't see what Burfict did so if it was part of a celebration its a penalty, if it wasn't than it probably wasn't a penalty.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:11 PM)
Well it was to a piece of s*** human being I guess. That was clearly a clean hit.

I don't think you're right on the penalty. All I can find is this: Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.

I didn't see what Burfict did so if it was part of a celebration its a penalty, if it wasn't than it probably wasn't a penalty.

When bernard went down, burfect ran on t he field to go after shazier. He is just a dirty piece of crap player. Im not judging him as a person as I dont know him.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:13 PM)
When bernard went down, burfect ran on t he field to go after shazier. He is just a dirty piece of crap player. Im not judging him as a person as I dont know him.

Got it. I was referring to Ben as a piece of s*** person for what its worth.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
Got it. I was referring to Ben as a piece of s*** person for what its worth.

I know, but again never met Ben so I really don't have an opinion on him as a person.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)
This game is just amazing. The announcers want to murder Burfict.

Yep. They must protect and rave about a complete piece of s*** in Ben Roethlisberger and they despise Burfict (who is probably also a piece of s*** off the field but still). Them questioning the legality of his hit on Roethlisberger but defending the clearly illegal hit by Shazier was infuriating.