2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
That penalty on Jones was a joke. Get Porter away from the opposition. Can both teams be eliminated

Jones just needed to stay away and calm down, but I didn't really see a penalty with Porter all over the field with the Bengals.

What a f***ing s***show though.

And you gotta think Big Ben is done with the way he answered those questions. And he could barely throw 10 yards downfield.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:58 PM)
I agree. Im just saying his history, not just this game is the reason people talk about him that way. The hit on Ben wasn't dirty today.

But that hit on Antonio Brown more than earned his reputation, that was nasty.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:56 PM)
About as dirty of a game as you will ever see. And I still can't believe the announcers defended that Shazier hit. That was the dirtiest play (Burfict one at the end was close) in a game filled with dirty plays.

I would disagree with this. Shazier did lower his head during a tackle. Burfect hit a guy in the head when there was no play. The ball was ready by him for an incomplete pass. That was the definition of a helpless reciever.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:58 PM)
I agree. Im just saying his history, not just this game is the reason people talk about him that way. The hit on Ben wasn't dirty today.

That's fair and I think the NFL needs to do way more to prevent guys like that from making plays like he did on Brown late. Need to start having very lengthy suspensions for repeat offenders.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:00 PM)
They reacted same way every fan base would.

I don't know I've had bears season tickets for 30 years and have never seen fans throw things at a player going off injured.

Edit: I have seen them throw snowballs at santa claus though.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 05:05 AM)
Bengals' fans and certain defensive players are absolutely classless. It was hard to choose between rooting for these guys or a rapist QB. I ended up choosing neither.

Don't forget good ole James Harrison as well

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Bengals' fans and certain defensive players are absolutely classless. It was hard to choose between rooting for these guys or a rapist QB. I ended up choosing neither.

Im more of a baseball fan and usually just want to see good games. This was awful. Playoff football is usually pretty good.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 06:09 AM)
Im more of a baseball fan and usually just want to see good games. This was awful. Playoff football is usually pretty good.

Similar especially with Bears not playing. Last two weeks of bowl games and these two today have been of terrible quality

What's the longest an NFL player has ever been suspended for actions on the field? I know Odell Beckham only got one game for spearing Josh Norman after the play was over. Suh got two games when he stomped on a player's arm. I think they need to start handing out really long suspensions for the behavior we saw today and I'm talking much more than a game or two.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 12:09 AM)

That game was hard to watch. While the announcers and commentators will focus on Cincy (and they deserve to be heavily criticized because their conduct was disgraceful) because they were the last two act and it cost them the game the Steelers were disgraceful in this one as well.