2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Adam Gase is reportedly expected to leave the Bears to become a head coach, as he figures to have several offers

But the question is: why? The Bears are a middle of the pack offense

Not many jobs will be open and I'd much rather have Shula, Payton or Hue Jackson. Hell, I don't even think I'd want him over Fangio

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)

Not many jobs will be open and I'd much rather have Shula, Payton or Hue Jackson. Hell, I don't even think I'd want him over Fangio

Considering how many players they were without, middle of the pack is an accomplishment..

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)

He turned Jay Cutler into a decent and smart QB. If that isn't a resume builder, I don't know is.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
I wonder how much of Jay turning it around has to do with Dowel Logains. He's a guy who Jay publicly lobbied for in the past. He should probably stick around as OC if Gase does leave.

He lobbied for Gase too iirc. And Cavanaugh in the past

I know there was talk that McCoy in San Diego would be a good fit for the Bears OC job once Gase leaves. I heard Mitch Unrein on the radio saying how terrible McCoy was when he was there because he could not communicate with the team at all.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
For the Colts to win the AFC South, ALL of the following need to happen:

Colts beat Titans

Jaguars beat Texans

Ravens beat Bengals

Broncos beat Chargers

Bills beat Jets

Falcons beat Saints

Raiders beat Chiefs

Dolphins beat Patriots

Steelers beat Browns

I just threw 5 bucks on them to win the Super Bowl, I win 49 grand if it happens. Why not.

Edited by Rowand44

A source close to Jeffery came away from a recent conversation with him convinced he felt unhappy in Chicago and, at times, isolated because of a lack of close friends since Brandon Marshall's departure. Jeffery mentioned how much he looked forward to free-agency, according to the source.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...102-column.html

Isn't David Haugh, a guy we mock on here for making things up? Bernstien is another guy who said Alshon was unhappy here.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
A source close to Jeffery came away from a recent conversation with him convinced he felt unhappy in Chicago and, at times, isolated because of a lack of close friends since Brandon Marshall's departure. Jeffery mentioned how much he looked forward to free-agency, according to the source.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...102-column.html

Isn't David Haugh, a guy we mock on here for making things up? Bernstien is another guy who said Alshon was unhappy here.

f***... our WRs are bad enough as is. White/Royal/Wilson/Mariani etc. is not very good, especially with the injury potential.

The free agent/draft class doesn't look all that good either. They can keep him no matter what if they want to, he really has no say.

Wonder if they can workout a deal with the Jets for a Alshon/Decker swap. Not sure why'd they want to, but it'd be perfect for Alshon and the Bears. Decker knows Gase/Fox, Alshon reunites with B, and the Bears aren't stuck with a rookie/meh free agent WR across from White.

Edited by scs787

To be fair, alot of teams have been getting shredded by Stafford lately. Dude has been playing possessed for a few weeks now. But Pace and company better put damn near 90% of their resources (draft, free agency, trade) to get high end talent on that defense. The rest can go to the O-line and so forth.