2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
Well because he's a football player? That's his job. When accountants get a domestic assault charge and get fired they most likely go to another accounting firm and get a job. If you want to play professional football in the United States, well the NFL is where you go.

You have convictions on your record when you apply for a job and they do a background check, most of the time you don't get the job.

Of course he has no convictions, but if he was an accountant and he was fired, and it was out in public as this is, chances are he would have a hard time finding employment.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
Guys, remember, the Bears don't need to restructure his contract, they have the right to convert money to a bonus at any time if they choose to do so. They already did so they could sign Allen before Cutler even played a game under that contract.

I am just repeating what i heard and read from rapaport, this isnt anything I am wishing for. The converted bonus money also guarantees later years, so mayb they want to avoid that

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
You have convictions on your record when you apply for a job and they do a background check, most of the time you don't get the job.

Of course he has no convictions, but if he was an accountant and he was fired, and it was out in public as this is, chances are he would have a hard time finding employment.

Unless he's really good at saving people money.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)

And thanks for the crash course in what happens when applying for a job. I was wondering about that.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
Unless he's really good at saving people money.

If any of the women involved were friends or relatives of yours, chances are you wouldn't think the Bears should pay him what they will be paying him to play football.

One of the problems with this sort of crime is they turn the tables and make the victim the problem. It is pretty text book. They don't want to testify, or they will take a little cash to make it all go away. Maybe he is innocent, but the 49ers should have a lot of information and they just cut him during the season. The bruises on the neck I have a big problem with.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
If any of the women involved were friends or relatives of yours, chances are you wouldn't think the Bears should pay him what they will be paying him to play football.

One of the problems with this sort of crime is they turn the tables and make the victim the problem. It is pretty text book. They don't want to testify, or they will take a little cash to make it all go away. Maybe he is innocent, but the 49ers should have a lot of information and they just cut him during the season. The bruises on the neck I have a big problem with.

And yet the 49ers DC who had that information just grabbed him back right?

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
The more I think about the draft and our needs the more I think our first two picks will be DB and WR, not necessarily in that order.

OT would not surprise me either. Could get a starter at 39.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 08:11 AM)
I think I will have my dad call George McCaskey and tell him what I great guy I am, I haven't ever even been accused of beating or raping a woman. I will work for the minimum. I will even pay for my own gas to meet in Halas Hall.
You suck at football though...

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 05:58 PM)
OT would not surprise me either. Could get a starter at 39.

After reading this tweet I'd have to agree....

LorinCox ‏@CoxSports1

Only Jordan Mills and Matt Kalil have allowed more sacks, QB hits, and QB pressures combined than Jermon Bushrod over the last two seasons

So as far as pressure goes, if you wanna buy into that tweet, the Bears have 2 of the 3 worst OTs in football.

WR depth is really deep this draft, and with AJ, Royal, Bennett, and Forte I'd prefer they'd wait a bit on a WR. I'm also not ready to give up on Wilson either. Maybe just grab one in the 4th to compete with him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I like the idea of schirff.

I've seen a lot of draft sites and people say he might be a guard at the next level.

I'm also assuming you are talking about Brandon Scherff.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I like the idea of schirff.

He's interesting, because I hear more talk about him as a RT or a guard than a LT. From the looks of it, I don't see why he can't play LT, but it's just kinda odd seeing these guys projecting him as a RT/G.

I really wonder if they might try Long at LT. I don't know what to think about moving a 2x pro bowl guard off the spot he's dominated though.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
He's interesting, because I hear more talk about him as a RT or a guard than a LT. From the looks of it, I don't see why he can't play LT, but it's just kinda odd seeing these guys projecting him as a RT/G.

Considering everything happening this year I don't see why they don't try Long at LT.

edit: I wrote this before your edit.

Edited by bmags

A lot of the OTs are being billed as RTs though from what I've read. Andrus Peat sounds like the best bet at LT, then there's TJ Clemmings who looks like more of a project than a plug and play LT.

It def seems like the Bears best bet would be to move Long outside and grabbing a guard in the 2-4 round.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 26, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)

I really wonder if they might try Long at LT. I don't know what to think about moving a 2x pro bowl guard off the spot he's dominated though.

Kiper thinks he can be an All Pro G as a rookie. He's a huge man. He might basically be the next coming of Long, at least as a guard. Not as athletic, but it wouldn't be the worst pick, although I do think they should go after someone who can sack the QB.