2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Probably just doing their due diligence, in case he does fall or a trade up scenario....

Ron Jaworski I believe yesterday said that the Bucs like Mariota more than Winston now.

Everyone still thinks Winston will go #1. It's just due diligence. Bears have met with like every top 10 guy other than Leonard Williams so far.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Everyone still thinks Winston will go #1. It's just due diligence. Bears have met with like every top 10 guy other than Leonard Williams so far.

Interesting that they didnt meet with the best pass rusher as part of due diligence.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
Interesting that they didnt meet with the best pass rusher as part of due diligence.

Maybe they know there is no way he falls.

Other guys have a least some shot to fall. Even if it's very small.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)

He's not the best pass rusher. He's a 5 technique. Beasley/Fowler/Ray/Gregory/Dupree are the pass rushers

Why?

LOL

1) If you have the 7th pick, you really should be meeting with every guy on the top 10-14 on your draft board, so you can put a precise value on what you would give up to trade up for a guy, or what you would require to trade down for a guy.

2) You should be meeting with every guy on the top 10-14 of your board so that you aren't tipping your hands to other teams who are considering trading up for the same players.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 11:16 AM)
He's not the best pass rusher. He's a 5 technique. Beasley/Fowler/Ray/Gregory/Dupree are the pass rushers

Is that your opinion? Everything I have read about Williams is that he is the most versatile defense lineman in the draft and that his strength would be to playing upright going downhill.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
the word Cleveland across the chest is dumb and the Browns down the leg looks high schoolish.

I don't think putting the city name across the chest should be called "dumb." :)

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
my goodness the browns new uniforms are bad.

I thought they were just gonna change the hue of color on the uniforms like they did with their logo. Maybe they should have done that instead.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
I don't think putting the city name across the chest should be called "dumb." :)

It's unconventional for football. I don't know if anyone else has it.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
Was it suppose to be this soon? Seems early to me.

Hasn't it been 6 or 7 days?

If he is found not guilty and his mom tells George McCaskey he is a nice boy, do the Bears sign him?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
He mouthed the words to his girlfriend "be strong" after the verdict was read. I still get the feeling this guy thinks he is invincible. In fact I know he thinks that he is.

It's back to the Big House, and get ready for his next murder trial.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
It's back to the Big House, and get ready for his next murder trial.

dont forget that "shot that guy in the face" thing that happened in Florida