2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
We still need a talent infusion.

Right and I am confident that Pace and Fox know that and know its going to take some time. I think Fox is going to slowly and methodically build this team back to contention. Not in a few months from now but in two years from now, yes. And thats actually a pretty short turnaround for where this team is/was right after Trestman/Emery left.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
At the very least, a good sign was that Sutton and Ferguson did not look like wasted talent in the 3-4 five tech.

there were a few flashes. I still dont think McLellin is the guy, he just cant shed blocks, his tackles are usually after the damage is done. And Vereen, oh my god Vereen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
there were a few flashes. I still dont think McLellin is the guy, he just cant shed blocks, his tackles are usually after the damage is done. And Vereen, oh my god Vereen

I said a couple years ago. Unfortunately McClellin is not an NFL player. No matter which way you look at it.

Vereen apparently isnt one either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
At this point, no way to do that other than patience. At least you're 1/3 of the way through the guaranteed part of the contract given to the QB.

Cutler's deal has nothing to do with things though (I think he is now out of top 10 in terms of QB pay). Bears just need to be good in the draft and smart in FA (plus hopefully develop some existing guys). In football, the turnaround can be quick.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
Know who else couldn't shed blocks????? Brian Urlacher.

Yea, but every other one of Brians skills were so much better than McLellin. Be real SCS, Urlacher is one of the top players in Bears history, and was one of the best linebackers in the league for pretty much his entire career in the NFL. The only comparison McLellin has is he is white, blonde, and plays football

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
I just want to say something...I am so happy we have respectable coaches.

Definitely. They're the reason I think the Bears could get to 8-8 at least.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
Yea, but every other one of Brians skills were so much better than McLellin. Be real SCS, Urlacher is one of the top players in Bears history, and was one of the best linebackers in the league for pretty much his entire career in the NFL. The only comparison McLellin has is he is white, blonde, and plays football

C'mon now, you know I'm not trying to say SMC is gonna be Urlacher. I'm just saying not being able to get off blocks isn't something that will automatically set you up for failure at ILB.

If your front 3 and 2 OLBs are taking up the 5 OLinemen, which is key, he won't have to get off blocks more often than not.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
C'mon now, you know I'm not trying to say SMC is gonna be Urlacher. I'm just saying not being able to get off blocks isn't something that will automatically set you up for failure at ILB.

If your front 3 and 2 OLBs are taking up the 5 OLinemen, which is key, he won't have to get off blocks more often than not.

You are acting like we have never seen Shea before.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
I'm acting like Shea is at a new position where one of his major flaws can be covered up..

Jake is also right in his last post.

You have acted like this each of the past three years with Shea. He comes into training camp with hype, then he plays

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
You have acted like this each of the past three years with Shea. He comes into training camp with hype, then he plays

Have I?

Quite honestly, I had him behind Foster, Jones, and Bostic as far as ILBs go.

The hype, with this new staff just seems different I guess. Fangio essentially said Shea has sucked elsewhere so he's gonna put him at ILB. As if ILB is a position with less skill involved.

All I know is this FO and staff has no ties to SMC and he's beating out a pretty good Mason Foster.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
Don't be fooled by the fact he has no offensive line. He is the best NFL QB prospect next year, period.

Disagree. I don't think he's the best in the big ten. I'd take Cook over him all day and that's still late round.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
The Bears going 3-13 could be fantastic. Christian Hackenberg is a talented QB and would look great in blue and orange.

Maybe Cutler has a good enough year and they can get a top end OT- Conklin, Tunsil, Stanley- and get rid of that overpaid bum Bushrod.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
The Bears going 3-13 could be fantastic. Christian Hackenberg is a talented QB and would look great in blue and orange.

If the future depended on Hackenberg, it might finally be time to give up the season tickets.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Disagree. I don't think he's the best in the big ten. I'd take Cook over him all day and that's still late round.

I don't get all the love Connor Cook gets. He's a good college QB who can lead a conference championship team, but he's not an NFL quarterback.