2015-2016 NFL Thread

Lot's of good qb's have been taken past the first 15 picks.

Yeah, the guys like Brady are extremely rare, but there is a lot of good to great qb's taken past the first 15.

Montana

Marino

Favre

Rodgers

Young

Those are just the hall of fame guys. There are the guys that had really good careers.

Cunningham

Burnell

Hasselback

Fouts

Bulger

Lot's of other guys. Moon, Romo and Warner weren't even drafted.

Edited by GoSox05

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could argue that 7 of the top 10 qb's all time were taken outside the top 15.

Unitas - Round 9

Montana - Round 3

Marino - 27th overall

Favre - Round 2

Young - undrafted

Brady - Round 6

Rodgers - 24th overall

Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Edited by GoSox05

Sorry guys, not convinced as you try to pull in guys like Bulger for volume and go back to Unitas. You know what does seem to set all of those late round QBs apart though? They went to teams with great QB systems and coaching. It's likely no matter where Bears draft they'll fail unless we finallly have a team in place to develop/support them. I think John Fox puts his QBs in place to succeed and overcome deficiencies, but his ability to trust coordinators to implement their systems means it's not consistent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
Also, Young as Undrafted is very misleading.

Just looking at current starters in the league now picked up after 15th pick.

Flacco (18)

Dalton (35)

Brees (32)

Kaepernick (36)

Wilson (75)

just names not mentioned yet btw

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)

Flacco (18)

Dalton (35)

Brees (32)

Kaepernick (36)

Wilson (75)

Yes to Brees, mentioned Wilson. I'd feel pretty meh about having Flacco/Dalton/Kaep, though Flacco may not deserve that grouping. But God, he is boring.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
Yes to Brees, mentioned Wilson. I'd feel pretty meh about having Flacco/Dalton/Kaep, though Flacco may not deserve that grouping. But God, he is boring.

The percentages just aren't in the Bears favor or anyone's favor of finding a top tier QB who do not have one already. It sucks. Even when there is an influx of QB's coming through college its not enough to fill these awful starting QB openings. I want a damn quarterback dammit damn shoot jimminey crickets!

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
The percentages just aren't in the Bears favor or anyone's favor of finding a top tier QB who do not have one already. It sucks. Even when there is an influx of QB's coming through college its not enough to fill these awful starting QB openings. I want a damn quarterback dammit damn shoot jimminey crickets!

Darn it all to heck!

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)

Flacco (18)

Dalton (35)

Brees (32)

Kaepernick (36)

Wilson (75)

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
Half of the top 10 QBs in QBR last year were picks outside the top 15.... Romo, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, and Flacco. Stretch it out to outside the top 10 and you can throw Big Ben in there as well (11th).

Whoops, for some reason I thought Brees was a top 5 pick....So that's 7 of the top 10 QBs in QBR who were taken outside of the top 10.

Wanna go top 14? Add Kaep and Foles in there. 9 of 14.

How's that for percentages?

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
670 The Score ‏@670TheScore 18m18 minutes ago

#Bears depth chart has rookie 5th-rounder Adrian Amos listed as starting safety, while Brock Vereen is demoted: http://cbsloc.al/1hL75BU

After seeing all the other options I hope to god that Amos can be something. LOL Its where Pace has to shine when its all said and done. Most of his draft picks have to turn out to be contributors no matter what rounds taken in to get back into contention in a reasonable amount of time.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
Mundy was pretty good last year, I don't get why he's a backup.

Honestly I think they just know what they have in him and are trying out the other options with the ones to see if there's anything special.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 07:07 AM)
Result of brain injuries maybe?

His wife said he has been battling depression since his career ended. i remember he had some concussion issues, and then that horrible neck injury happened. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he has CTE

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
Terrible. I used to pretend I was Erik Kramer throwing to Curtis Conway and Jeff Graham when I was a kid.

Feel really bad for his wife. At the time of your life where you can settle in with family hers is disappearing.