2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
How many players lose their rookie season to injury and have become impact players?

Not sure but White could be the 3rd one this year. Fowler and Landon Collins, who both ironically had been talked about for the Bears, are out as well.

I don't see any reason why he can't come back from this though. Hopefully Gase is still around next year and White just uses the time off to soak up the playbook for next year.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 12:49 PM)
Not sure but White could be the 3rd one this year. Fowler and Landon Collins, who both ironically had been talked about for the Bears, are out as well.

I don't see any reason why he can't come back from this though. Hopefully Gase is still around next year and White just uses the time off to soak up the playbook for next year.

IMO wide receivers still take a couple years to get up to speed most of the time anyway, even the really good ones. Doesn't mean they don't produce their first year, but they don't usually take off until years 2+.

Josina Anderson - The fact White is also having a rod inserted into his tibia is illuminating when there are non-surgical options. Indicates degree of injury

Would love to get ptact in here.

Would him getting a rod put in help more vs the non surgical procedures in preventing potential flare ups? Will a rod slow him up?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
lol, Got to love people overreacting in week 1 of the preseason.

A ton of my Twitter feed was completely freaking out about Jameis and the Bucs after last night. Granted, I didn't watch any of the game last night but cmon people.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
A ton of my Twitter feed was completely freaking out about Jameis and the Bucs after last night. Granted, I didn't watch any of the game last night but cmon people.

The problem is that their OL is awful and OT Demar Dotson went down last night. They have playmakers on offense and a rookie QB that should flash positive things and make mistakes. I think about 6-10 is right for Tampa Bay. If Winston is reallllly good, that trajectory can change.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 01:56 PM)
Would love to get ptact in here.

Would him getting a rod put in help more vs the non surgical procedures in preventing potential flare ups? Will a rod slow him up?

It's a fine line between the surgery vs. conservative care. It's been long enough that I would assume all conservative care has been tried, short of rest for a few months.

the surgery will not effect his speed. A rod in the shaft of the bone will not effect the muscles and soft tissue, besides any surgical complication like infection.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
The problem is that their OL is awful and OT Demar Dotson went down last night. They have playmakers on offense and a rookie QB that should flash positive things and make mistakes. I think about 6-10 is right for Tampa Bay. If Winston is reallllly good, that trajectory can change.

Exactly.

Bucs starting two rookies on the OL was going to be a concern and that was before Dotson going down. Hopefully it's just a sprain but who knows.

Last year this team had zero pass rush, a starting LB and two starting safeties who couldn't play in this defense and lost their OC in preseason and was stuck with a guy who was a QB coach in college. Of course I'm a fan and will think every Sunday that this team will win and maybe the breaks in other games will go our way and compete for a playoff spot but reality is 6-10 would be a huge improvement. That'd be tripling the win total and any rational fan can't complain about that.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
lol, Got to love people overreacting in week 1 of the preseason.

Dude their #1 offense couldn't move the ball against Minnesota's #2 D. I never overreact to preseason. I typically don't even watch, but Tampa looked horrid yesterday.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
Dude their #1 offense couldn't move the ball against Minnesota's #2 D. I never overreact to preseason. I typically don't even watch, but Tampa looked horrid yesterday.

yet here you are, totally overreacting.

so its the end of the world for a team playing with a rookie to look pretty subpar against a team playing their second preseason game.

and the Bucs pulled Evans,Jackson and Martin at the same time the Vikings pulled their starters.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
Not a good way for new GM Ryan Pace to start out.

McDonald or White?

It seems to be a failure in free agent scouting, player character evaluation, and medical study of potential draft picks.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 07:24 AM)
McDonald or White?

It seems to be a failure in free agent scouting, player character evaluation, and medical study of potential draft picks.

What medical study could have predicted a stress fracture?

Edit: i have read conflicting things. One is that he hurt himself in OTAs, and another that they knew in the combine. If they knew in the combine, then they were stupid to waste a year on a pick. If he hurt himself in OTAs, there isnt anything they could have looked at that would have tipped them off that a stress fracture was coming. He was healthy in college