2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
I dont know how that guys brain isnt complete mush, much less that he is able to keep getting starting jobs

He did make a great play yesterday. He had a huge legal hit that caused a fumble. He kept his head up and didn't launch himself. Just a hard hit and jarred the ball loose.

Guarantee at some point in the year we will hear about him trying to kill someone and himself.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
The other goal line series where they passed 4 times from the 2 was awful as well. You're running down Green Bays throat all day, you have the ball at the 2 and you decide to throw it 4 times? That was some Trestman like s*** right there. A TD there and the game might be different.

I must have been confusing the series cause that was the one that stuck out where I was like, is Trestman back. That was the one where we failed on 4th down...yeah that series was awful.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
The other goal line series where they passed 4 times from the 2 was awful as well. You're running down Green Bays throat all day, you have the ball at the 2 and you decide to throw it 4 times? That was some Trestman like s*** right there. A TD there and the game might be different.

Yeah, but it isn't as simple as that. The thought process is the Packers are going to gear up to stop the run there and so you are trying to catch them off guard with the pass. It's all a chess game on the goal line.

I would have liked to see them run it outside, particularly that little pitch sweep they were running, but I really think the failure was to continue to keep Bennett in to block instead of releasing him into the end zone. The guy is a beast, and one of our most reliable pass catchers, and we didn't really try to get him involved until the end of the game.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
Yeah, but it isn't as simple as that. The thought process is the Packers are going to gear up to stop the run there and so you are trying to catch them off guard with the pass. It's all a chess game on the goal line.

I would have liked to see them run it outside, particularly that little pitch sweep they were running, but I really think the failure was to continue to keep Bennett in to block instead of releasing him into the end zone. The guy is a beast, and one of our most reliable pass catchers, and we didn't really try to get him involved until the end of the game.

I agree...most of the game I was wondering where Bennett was. Maybe Pack were all over him? And as Kyle pointed out a couple posts back, with Royal and Jeffrey being out for a while, we shouldn't be surprised that Jay's timing wasn't perfect.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Manning? I mean, he's good, and maybe you can make an argument for him, but I wouldn't say easily.

Hell of a comeback though.

Manning and Brees are not top 5 anymore.

Rodgers, Brady, Romo is how would list them at his point.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
Manning and Brees are not top 5 anymore.

Rodgers, Brady, Romo is how would list them at his point.

Romo is helped a ton by that OL and run game. He isn't on the same planet as the other guys when asked to throw at a similar volume.

The only one I would even consider putting romo over is Manning due to how he looks health wise.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
Romo is helped a ton by that OL and run game. He isn't on the same planet as the other guys when asked to throw at a similar volume.

The only one I would even consider putting romo over is Manning due to how he looks health wise.

Roethlisberger is better than Romo

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
Except most of the larger markets cannot stay up late enough to watch the second game.

Yeah, that's probably why they don't do it. Second game tonight won't be over until like 12:30 east coast time.

They could have them overlap for an hour or so, but NFL probably doesn't want to compete with itself.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
Things would be easier if we could actually throw a jump ball to Alshon which was not an option.

You liked the Trestman offense? Yesterday's was much more productive. Unless, of course, you mean in the red zone, in which case, I agree.

Our offense last night didn't really resemble P. Manning's 2014 offense to me in terms of the play calling.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
You liked the Trestman offense? Yesterday's was much more productive. Unless, of course, you mean in the red zone, in which case, I agree.

Our offense last night didn't really resemble P. Manning's 2014 offense to me in terms of the play calling.

how do you interpret that quote as liking the Trestman offense? A WR that can fight for a high ball is pretty valuable in the endzone and changes a lot of defensive looks

If someone said "I wish there were more bubble screens and runs on third and long", then you could say "So you liked the Trestman offense?"

Yes, I was referring to end zone...

however my big complaint last year was that we didn't throw enough jump balls deep to our receivers as we had in 2013. Biggest difference to me between two years was lack of big plays on offense.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
I like the two Monday night games. NFL should scrap the Thursday game and just do two Monday night games.

The Thursday game would be fine if both teams were given a bye the week before. At this level the game is not meant to be played on 3 days rest.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
how do you interpret that quote as liking the Trestman offense? A WR that can fight for a high ball is pretty valuable in the endzone and changes a lot of defensive looks

If someone said "I wish there were more bubble screens and runs on third and long", then you could say "So you liked the Trestman offense?"

Trestman's offense consisted of Cutler taking lots of shots downfield. He clarified that he was talking about the end zone.

The Thursday game would be fine if both teams were given a bye the week before. At this level the game is not meant to be played on 3 days rest.

This. Either fix the schedule so the Thursday teams have their bye the week before or just don't have the Thursday game.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)
This. Either fix the schedule so the Thursday teams have their bye the week before or just don't have the Thursday game.

Just to note the difficulty - if Thursday night games are going to continue the whole season, that becomes really difficult to do unless you're offering a 2nd bye week. "Our bye week isn't until week 15 because we've got the last Thursday game of the season" and "our bye week is week 1 of the season" are both equally poor scheduling and a major disadvantage compared with teams that have a bye in the middle.