2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Tony Romo is an elite QB. Top 5 easily.

What a finish.

Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Manning? I mean, he's good, and maybe you can make an argument for him, but I wouldn't say easily.

Hell of a comeback though.

The defense didn't play great...there were so few possessions by both teams.

But we had the feel of an actual professional football team today, which is drastically different than last year.

Only watched the 3rd Q, but based on that and the stats I would say that if GB's defense is as good as they are supposed to be, then the Bears offense is in good shape. Also, there were several passes completed today against the Bears coverage that no other QB on the Bears schedule could make.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
Fixed

Sure Rodgers has a lot part to do with it, but Jones made some really nice catches yesterday. His first touchdown catch was all him.

He had a another nice catch in the end zone that came back because of a penalty.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Sure Rodgers has a lot part to do with it, but Jones made some really nice catches yesterday. His first touchdown catch was all him.

He had a another nice catch in the end zone that came back because of a penalty.

False. That throw was insane with pretty good coverage from Ball. The throw hit Jones right in the chest, Jones just had to turn his body back into the field of play, amazing throw by Rodgers.

I wish the bears SBNation site was better. They produce a lot of content, but it's so much like a ... cbs broadcast. Their jokes are horribly unfunny and it just seems older. Certainly takes a back seat to the white sox, bulls and mizzou one. Spent all weekend laughing at every day should be saturday, then you go to the Bears site and it's just. ..blech.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
False. That throw was insane with pretty good coverage from Ball. The throw hit Jones right in the chest, Jones just had to turn his body back into the field of play, amazing throw by Rodgers.

I just watched the replay about 3 or 4 times. I don't know how you could watch that and be like "easy catch, all Rodgers on that one." It's a well placed ball, but Jones has to go over a CB to catch it and then hang on to it and get both feet in bounds.

Also Rodgers makes that throw because he trusts James Jones to go get it. He doesn't throw that to one of their younger WR.

Makes me think they should have never let Jones go in the first place. Rodgers loves throwing to him in the endzone, almost like a small TE.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 08:17 AM)
Only watched the 3rd Q, but based on that and the stats I would say that if GB's defense is as good as they are supposed to be, then the Bears offense is in good shape. Also, there were several passes completed today against the Bears coverage that no other QB on the Bears schedule could make.

This

We are definitely on the right path. Rodgers is just so insanely good, he's on just another level above the rest, IMO. Some of those throws he made, SMH. And on top of that, the pocket prescence and the ability to make plays with his feet. Amazing QB.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
I was pretty pleased. Do you guys remember last year?

I was thrilled. I expected to get beat pretty bad and we were extremely competitive and if a few plays went our way, could have very much won that game. Pack made some great plays on offense and James Jones clearly has a nice fit in Green Bay. Bottom line, I liked the overall game plan and liked the fact that we were competitive against the Packers. Forte was a beast (other then that dropped gimme at the goaline..but he made up for it). Really only series I didn't like was that goal line series where we got bailed out by GB's stupidity.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
I really don't know how good the Packers D is supposed to be. I think they are middle of the NFL at best. Plus they had three starters out yesterday.

Yeah, I'd imagine your run d may be terrible which may have contributed to bears success.

But there's been many a year where the packers run d was terrible but Bears decided to try to pass into it and get sacked to high hell.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
His inability to get us a red zone TD infuriates me more than that INT. Thought the pick was just a great play by Clay.

OLine still garbage in passing situations.

Clay's pick was awesome. Royal had a drop or two, but Jay clearly wasn't sharp. That said, I thought he did a good job throwing away when he had to as well. Not sure how he ended up with such a low completion percentage but I expect the offense will get better as the season goes. The game plan was awesome and I liked how we actually stuck with the run (although it does help that we weren't down 3 td's to start the game).

Special teams sucked...gave the Pack short field a few times...they have to clean that up. Gould was money though and O'Donnell had one awesome punt.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
Yeah, I'd imagine your run d may be terrible which may have contributed to bears success.

But there's been many a year where the packers run d was terrible but Bears decided to try to pass into it and get sacked to high hell.

Yeah, not having Morgan Burnett and Letroy Guion yesterday really showed. Probably their two best run stoppers.

Overall though it was lack luster. Packers really need to find a three down inside linebacker. The lack of inside LB is just killing them now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
I was thrilled. I expected to get beat pretty bad and we were extremely competitive and if a few plays went our way, could have very much won that game. Pack made some great plays on offense and James Jones clearly has a nice fit in Green Bay. Bottom line, I liked the overall game plan and liked the fact that we were competitive against the Packers. Forte was a beast (other then that dropped gimme at the goaline..but he made up for it). Really only series I didn't like was that goal line series where we got bailed out by GB's stupidity.

The other goal line series where they passed 4 times from the 2 was awful as well. You're running down Green Bays throat all day, you have the ball at the 2 and you decide to throw it 4 times? That was some Trestman like s*** right there. A TD there and the game might be different.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
Still can't believe Brandon Meriweather was starting for the Giants last night. How does that guy keep getting starting gigs.

I dont know how that guys brain isnt complete mush, much less that he is able to keep getting starting jobs

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
Clay's pick was awesome. Royal had a drop or two, but Jay clearly wasn't sharp. That said, I thought he did a good job throwing away when he had to as well. Not sure how he ended up with such a low completion percentage but I expect the offense will get better as the season goes. The game plan was awesome and I liked how we actually stuck with the run (although it does help that we weren't down 3 td's to start the game).

Special teams sucked...gave the Pack short field a few times...they have to clean that up. Gould was money though and O'Donnell had one awesome punt.

Jay hasnt had any gametime with Alshon, and only 2 games with Royal and Wilson(and limited at that). I wasnt surprised that his timing was off