2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:12 AM)
That game made me sick last night. Andy Reid has got to be the most consistently atrocious game caller in the league.

Opening drive, moving the ball well, Charles running well, get down to the 2. Let's run three straight passing plays in which none of the primary routes even get into the endzone! Result: Turnover and loss of 3-7 points.

End of the half, up 7. Sure, let's call a risky out route instead of just running out the clock. Result: Turnover and 7 points to Denver.

Late in the 4th quarter, again moving the ball well, what the hell was that WR reverse option pass play? Seriously? Not the time to get cute. One play later, turnover.

I'm not going to fault him for the end of the game thing, you expect your star player to hang on to the ball there, but the odds of an inside draw from your own 20 and 30 seconds left (1 TO) leading to anything promising is very remote.

KC had 5 turnovers (2 in Denver red zone, 2 in own red zone), went 0-for on 3rd down, dropped probably 3-4 balls that should have been intercepted and had almost 100 yards in penalties. And still should have won that game.

Just a complete f***ing disaster. You can't give away games in the NFL like this. I'd bet a good amount of money that KC misses the playoffs by one game again this year. Just watch.

I find this to be a lot of sour grapes hindsight, not that I think Reid is good at clock management.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That game made me sick last night. Andy Reid has got to be the most consistently atrocious game caller in the league.

Opening drive, moving the ball well, Charles running well, get down to the 2. Let's run three straight passing plays in which none of the primary routes even get into the endzone! Result: Turnover and loss of 3-7 points.

End of the half, up 7. Sure, let's call a risky out route instead of just running out the clock. Result: Turnover and 7 points to Denver.

Late in the 4th quarter, again moving the ball well, what the hell was that WR reverse option pass play? Seriously? Not the time to get cute. One play later, turnover.

I'm not going to fault him for the end of the game thing, you expect your star player to hang on to the ball there, but the odds of an inside draw from your own 20 and 30 seconds left (1 TO) leading to anything promising is very remote.

KC had 5 turnovers (2 in Denver red zone, 2 in own red zone), went 0-for on 3rd down, dropped probably 3-4 balls that should have been intercepted and had almost 100 yards in penalties. And still should have won that game.

Just a complete f***ing disaster. You can't give away games in the NFL like this. I'd bet a good amount of money that KC misses the playoffs by one game again this year. Just watch.

As a guy who's owned Jamaal Charles in fantasy for 3 straight years and who watches a lot of Chiefs games because of that, I hate Andy Reid too.

I can't image how bad it must be to watch such a talented team under-perform as a fan of the team though...

Did you have KC -3?

I was so angry at the Chiefs last night I couldn't even be upset by what I would call 2 bailout calls in Denver's final drive. Should've never had come down to it.

In Charles' second fumble I'd like to know why there was a flag thrown and why it was picked up. Seemed too convenient for my liking. The Chiefs always find ways to lose to the Broncos just like the White Sox do to the Twins. I thought last night wasn't a must win game, but more of a statement game and unfortunately KC gave me a statement I wasn't even dreaming of.

All in all they lost it on their own, and in some kind of sick style I hope to never see again. I've been a fan since 1993ish and this is typical Chiefs football I guess.

Edited by WilliamTell