2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show you how bad we are without Jay. I'm curious what the tape indicates on that pick. People covering Bears were indicating Bennett was supposed to stop and the pick was on Marty. Looked like Marty was settling in and then he all of a sudden took off on a curl (not sure what the route was). Either way, if we have learned one thing this week...our secondary f***ing blows (and I am not learning that this week...I've been saying it all along) and Claussen is terrible.

Either way, this year is all about getting the top pick and Connor Cook.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
No sacks in first 2 games................WOW

People got unrealistically optimistic. We have absolute s*** in the secondary (although Maybe Amos turns into something) and our best LB was underrated a year ago along with a former bust in Shea. Its going to be a really long year defensively and we are going to lose a lot of games. That said, hopefully some picks from this year pan out and we can hit on a some underrated / unknown guys who can be serviceable. We have zero playmakers on defense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Just goes to show you how bad we are without Jay. I'm curious what the tape indicates on that pick. People covering Bears were indicating Bennett was supposed to stop and the pick was on Marty. Looked like Marty was settling in and then he all of a sudden took off on a curl (not sure what the route was). Either way, if we have learned one thing this week...our secondary f***ing blows (and I am not learning that this week...I've been saying it all along) and Claussen is terrible.

Absolutely, the Bears would have been in the running for Cook with Cutler; without him we may as well lay down and draft our franchise QB.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)

Ill take Goff from Cal, but this team needs to find its future QB

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
That Eagles game was only slightly less embarrassing than the Bears game.

Nah. Bears are clearly not in a competitive season, whereas this was supposed to be the Kelly statement season

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
If they pick high enough, I'd take Joey Bosa, Jaylon Smith, Laremy Tunsil, or the ND OT over any of the QBs.

A lot of scouts says Bosa is similar to Ryan Kerrigan: good but not great. Tunsil hasn't played at all this year and that worries me despite his great 2014 season. Smith is good but not #1 overall pick good. I'm up in the air on it all but Jared Goff is a stud. If it's not Goff I want Jalen Ramsey or Vernon Hargreaves.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
Fuller was fantastic for the first half of last season, then he completely faded.

Yeah I was hoping he just got tired. Not so much anymore.

If Clausen starts Sunday, would anyone take Bears +21? Especially if Seattle loses again tonight?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
Yeah I was hoping he just got tired. Not so much anymore.

If Clausen starts Sunday, would anyone take Bears +21? Especially if Seattle loses again tonight?

That game will mirror the NE and GB games last year. Blow out by half.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
The Packers have the luxury of playing in what may be the worst division in football. But they barely beat a Bears team that may only win 4-6 games this year. Its early, but I really expected the Packers to look a lot better last week (even without Nelson).

Impressed yet?