2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
I was just gonna post the exact same thing. Painful.

Maybe the worst tandem doing NFL games. Berman is just so f***ing annoying, my ears are bleeding.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
What QB can be effective when has no time to throw? It's a team game ultimately but Romo leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks. That's a big deal and the signs of an elite QB.

Wouldn't the best QBs not need to come from behind?

Near perfect week 1 for Green Bay. All alone in first at 1-0 in NFC North and NFC contenders Seattle and Philly lost. Only thing that would have made it perfect is if NY didn't choke away their game against Dallas but we will see how they fare now without Dez for 4-6 weeks. Huge game for the Pack this weekend.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 02:12 AM)
Wouldn't the best QBs not need to come from behind?

The NFL's 4th quarter comeback definition is about as pathetic as MLB's quality start also.

For example in Tony Romo's 1st "4th quarter comeback" of his career on 10-29-2006 against the Panthers the Cowboys were down 13-14 after kicking a field goal with 9:54 left in the 4th. The Panthers then fumble the kickoff and Dallas recovers at the 14 yard line. On the next play Romo hands off to Julius Jones who runs it in for a 14 yard touchdown to put them up 21-14 after a two point conversion. Dallas goes on to the win the game 35-14. Tony Romo is credited for a 4th quarter comeback in that game.

By definition a team could be down 1 point at the 1 yard line at the start of the fourth quarter. They kick a field goal and win the game the quarterback is credited with a 4th quarter comeback.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
The NFL's 4th quarter comeback definition is about as pathetic as MLB's quality start also.

For example in Tony Romo's 1st "4th quarter comeback" of his career on 10-29-2006 against the Panthers the Cowboys were down 13-14 after kicking a field goal with 9:54 left in the 4th. The Panthers then fumble the kickoff and Dallas recovers at the 14 yard line. On the next play Romo hands off to Julius Jones who runs it in for a 14 yard touchdown to put them up 21-14 after a two point conversion. Dallas goes on to the win the game 35-14. Tony Romo is credited for a 4th quarter comeback in that game.

By definition a team could be down 1 point at the 1 yard line at the start of the fourth quarter. They kick a field goal and win the game the quarterback is credited with a 4th quarter comeback.

Sounds like that 4th quarter comeback stat used as evidence for whether or not a guy is elite is pretty absurd.

Eli Manning is also one of the leaders in that absurd stat. Absurd.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:38 AM)
Carlos hyde sure looked awesome vs that Min defense. SF looked like an entirely different team than last year.

That D is probably still going to be good.

But this game screams "game one outlier" similar to tennessee's romp of the Chiefs last year.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 06:32 AM)
Near perfect week 1 for Green Bay. All alone in first at 1-0 in NFC North and NFC contenders Seattle and Philly lost. Only thing that would have made it perfect is if NY didn't choke away their game against Dallas but we will see how they fare now without Dez for 4-6 weeks. Huge game for the Pack this weekend.

I'm sure if I said the Packers could be 0-1 with Jordy back, they'd take that deal rather than being in the position they are in.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
I'm sure if I said the Packers could be 0-1 with Jordy back, they'd take that deal rather than being in the position they are in.

No doubt. I see them going probably 11-5 without him. Had they had him they could win 12-13 even with a first game loss.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
That D is probably still going to be good.

But this game screams "game one outlier" similar to tennessee's romp of the Chiefs last year.

I liked their offensive game plan at times. Run the ball and give Kaep simple reads.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
No doubt. I see them going probably 11-5 without him. Had they had him they could win 12-13 even with a first game loss.

They'll win the division for sure. I don't think they can win a Super Bowl without him though. And that's the goal.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 07:04 AM)
I liked their offensive game plan at times. Run the ball and give Kaep simple reads.

Yep - I liked what they did. Thought they had a really nice offensive game plan and with that defense, they should be able to do that. Minny looked atrocious.