2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2015 -> 10:26 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 39m39 minutes ago

Sources: #Dodgers talking to #Braves about trade that would send Uribe to ATL for Callaspo. Lesser names also involved.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 28m28 minutes ago

Sources: Deal between #Dodgers and #Braves would involve six players. Uribe and minor leaguer for Callaspo and three minor leaguers.

MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors 8m8 minutes ago

#Braves Alberto Callaspo has rejected a trade to the #Dodgers, per @Ken_Rosenthal. Read the developing story: http://bit.ly/1RkDbke

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 11m11 minutes ago

Chris Cotillo retweeted Ken Rosenthal

Likely to be DFA'd later in week by #Braves now.

“They don’t understand the game,” Amaro said. "They don’t understand the process. There’s a process. And then they [b****] and complain because we don’t have a plan. There’s a plan in place and we’re sticking with the plan. We can’t do what’s best for the fan. We have to do what’s best for the organization so the fan can reap the benefit of it later on. That’s the truth.”

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
“They don’t understand the game,” Amaro said. "They don’t understand the process. There’s a process. And then they [b****] and complain because we don’t have a plan. There’s a plan in place and we’re sticking with the plan. We can’t do what’s best for the fan. We have to do what’s best for the organization so the fan can reap the benefit of it later on. That’s the truth.”

Well Ruben Amaro's plan sucks. And it's sucked for years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Mark Sheldon ‏@m_sheldon 3m3 minutes ago

Cueto getting MRI today on his right elbow #reds

Mark Sheldon ‏@m_sheldon 2h2 hours ago

Cueto's agent, Bryce Dixon, said the #reds ace told him the MRI revealed good results, no tears.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 26, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
Was this a recent quote? He's not wrong. Obviously his plan of signing players past their prime to long contracts wasn't very good but this theory is sound I would say comfortably.

Ryan Lawrence ‏@ryanlawrence21 14m14 minutes ago

Ruben Amaro Jr., critical of the fans who have been critical of him, made a stop at Citi Field on his apology tour. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillie...llies-fans.html

“We have the most passionate fans, and I think that’s the beauty of Philadelphia,” he said. “I would never intentionally disparage our fans – that’s not how I go about my business, that’s not what I feel is in the best interest of the organization. We’re fan-driven. This is an entertainment business, and we need the support of our fans, and we’ve gotten tremendous support. I apologize for the context or the words that I used.” But, the point is he chose his words poorly while being the general manager of a team that’s sported a top-5 payroll in the last 3 years, without sporting a winning record in any of those years (and, very not likely this year, either). Clearly the reaction wouldn’t be as strong if the same words came from the general manager in Boston or Chicago…

“I think it probably would be a lot different if we were fighting for first place, or won the division the last two or three years,” Amaro said. “We haven’t done that, and I understand that. Some of the decisions we made were great, and some didn’t work and were not-so-great. The way I look at it is that we are now making progress. I think the thing that bothers me the most about this stuff that happened today and the quotes I made is that I don’t want to detract from the fact that there are some really positive things happening here in a way that the fans can focus on those. Hopefully they can focus on the progress as opposed to my misguided quotes.”

Sounds familiar. Keep in mind, the Phillies last won the World Series in 2009, not 2005.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillie...R4KKEhzj84cd.99

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 1h1 hour ago

MLB statement on report of Orioles playing exhibition in Cuba this year: "No decision has been made about any team playing in Cuba."

isn't that against the law of some sort????

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
Matt Adams likely done for the year for Cardinals. Howard and Hamels would actually make a lot of sense for StL

Unless Philly is willing to give up Hamels for nothing if a team takes Howard, I don't see Howard making sense for anyone.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
Matt Adams likely done for the year for Cardinals. Howard and Hamels would actually make a lot of sense for StL

Allen Craig or John Mabry, haha.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12950936...-baseball-storm

Bryce Harper having a season so singular (and so far), it has only been equaled by an older version of Babe Ruth

Also, in a very classy move, the Dodgers announced they're still going ahead with Juan Uribe Bobblehead night on July 11th.

That guy has had a pretty amazing post-White Sox career. So many ups and downs. I'll never forget the story about Mark Buehrle offering to defer money from his contract (or give it up completely) if it would mean he could keep Uribe in a Sox uniform.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 4h4 hours ago

The #Marlins talked about bringing back Ozzie Guillen to manage team, Ron Washington and Dusty too, before Jennings. http://usat.ly/1HMniS0

why not, they are paying a crap load of money to do nothing.

all that crap that he was involve in must have died away by now.