2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
Interesting that the Pads and Sox, two of the off-season darlings, and both underperforming. Black is gone and as far as I'm concerned, he's a much better manager then Ventura (but I am a big Bud Black fan). All that said, his team was .500 just a day ago.

Padres have had some bad injuries this year (Myers, Alonso, Morrow) as well as some of the same black holes that the Sox have (2B/SS)

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
Padres have had some bad injuries this year (Myers, Alonso, Morrow) as well as some of the same black holes that the Sox have (2B/SS)

I'm going to guess this move had more to do with new regime eventually wanting to bring in its own guy. Black is a big analytics guy and would be a great hire. That said, I presume he'll sit out the rest of the year and then go somewhere else. All this said, it isn't like he had a stellar track record, record wise, so that might mean he ends up working as a bench coach / pitching coach somewhere.

So the Padres have no issue firing their manager when s*** goes bad. But we have to sit here and keep the status quo because that's been working out so well. I dont get it. You want to send some sort of message that's a good start.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
So the Padres have no issue firing their manager when s*** goes bad. But we have to sit here and keep the status quo because that's been working out so well. I dont get it. You want to send some sort of message that's a good start.

The Sox had a different manager the last 3 games. Didn't seem to help.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Infante now leading for 2nd base for ASG. 8 of the 9 starting spots to KC players. I didn't know that greg is the only person allowed to vote :)

I've said it for years but the ASG voting is broken. Especially since "it counts". Have one or the other. Not both.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
I am sure its already been discussed in here but how the hell is it that all the Royals are leading these ASG votes? I didn't realize there was a massive Royal nation out there.

The Kansas City fans are little s***s. They legitimately think they are the best team in baseball with no holes and deserve all nine starters. They also think everyone is being mean to their team.

I hope Rios gets in over Trout. The ASG voting might actually get done away with.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
Infante now leading for 2nd base for ASG. 8 of the 9 starting spots to KC players. I didn't know that greg is the only person allowed to vote :)

well its a good thing I find 0 entertainment value in All-Star games. Guess I wont be missing much.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
I am sure its already been discussed in here but how the hell is it that all the Royals are leading these ASG votes? I didn't realize there was a massive Royal nation out there.

I would guess someone created some automated program. If they were smart, they would also be voting for all Phillies.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)

And Kemp has completely gone into the toilet in the last month or so...that guy is REALLY streaky.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
I would guess someone created some automated program. If they were smart, they would also be voting for all Phillies.

Yeah, you can vote up to 35 times from each different e-mail account.

Easy to spoof that with a relatively simple programming trick.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Lance Lynn to the DL for the Cardinals. They've now lost Wainwright and Adams for the season, and they have Holliday, Lynn and Walden out for an extended period of time. Hamels and Howard continues to make a lot of sense for them.

And Rosenthal out with arm tightness now

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)

The issue with this type of system is accuracy. Since there are ni markers a person, usually a low paid intern, must manually put the markers onto the video. Its really difficultto put the markers in the same exact spot each frame. It needs to be done thousdans of times for each video and angle.

Screw this. All Star Game is voted on by fans for fans to pick players they want to pick. I think it is tremendous for baseball that the Royals of all teams are somehow able to get 8 guys in (as it currently stands). Way to go KC.

PS: Yes, my opinion would be different if it were the Yankees. I admit it, but for Kansas City to control the ballets like that, awesome. Great resurgence. I also highly doubt it will end up this way. This should send a shockwave to the other market teams to vote for other guys.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
Screw this. All Star Game is voted on by fans for fans to pick players they want to pick. I think it is tremendous for baseball that the Royals of all teams are somehow able to get 8 guys in (as it currently stands). Way to go KC.

PS: Yes, my opinion would be different if it were the Yankees. I admit it, but for Kansas City to control the ballets like that, awesome. Great resurgence. I also highly doubt it will end up this way. This should send a shockwave to the other market teams to vote for other guys.

It's been like this for a while and the vote totals for the Royals are huge, they already have 1.5 to 2 times as many votes as the winners got last year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)

I would agree with you if the ASG was still an exhibition game that was just for fun.

Since they have to play for something meaningful, the managers should be able to put the best team possible on the field.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
It's been like this for a while and the vote totals for the Royals are huge, they already have 1.5 to 2 times as many votes as the winners got last year.

I hate Kansas City fans. Last year made them as arrogant as their team.

I still remember hearing how easy it was going to be to sweep the Giants. Royals fans have no respect for the game.