White Sox @ Royals 1:10 CT

BigHurt3515

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 06:52 PM)
Some people prefer to win games with the help of their manager, not in spite of him, but hey, to each their own.

And why is batting Gordon second instead of WS hero Moustakas such a bad decision? Frankly I'm getting sick of our manager (despite the talent issue) and could easily turn into a Robin hater this year even if it doesn't matter much who is manager if the team is inherently slow and bad defensively and bad in the bullpen.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
I think the Royals are way better than everyone gives them credit for, even after the World Series apperence. This is an annyoing, scrappy, talented team.

Yep, I was talking to a good baseball man today, and he said to me "given the way baseball has changed since the steroid era, maybe KC is just a damn good team now"

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
I think the Royals are way better than everyone gives them credit for, even after the World Series apperence. This is an annyoing, scrappy, talented team.

From what I've read, no one has underestimated their offensive prowess, just their starting pitching. Which I have to agree could be an issue.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
That's why you don't bunt with a guy who's hitting .500.

Well, it definitely didn't work out that time.

Although it was quite close to being bases loaded, no outs...and the game could easily have been just about over with how this series has been going for the Sox.

Key early moment, for sure. That's what is so beautiful about the game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
Yep, I was talking to a good baseball man today, and he said to me "given the way baseball has changed since the steroid era, maybe KC is just a damn good team now"

They defy almost every new-school principle offensively. But they're the golden boys of advanced metrics when it comes to defense. Oh and that bullpen.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)

With insane defensive abilities and a nasty bullpen. They are a good team. We are a team that appears to be missing out on the importance of defense because our team D still sucks and when scoring is down, the importance of defense is only greater. Not to mention when you are building a team around pitching, you normally compliment it with strong D. If we had a better defense, I'd actually say we might be a playoff team but as is, I think we need a lot of bounces to go our way. However, we should contend and who knows what happens at the deadline or who emerges.