White Sox @ Royals 1:10 CT

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
These guys think it's still the playoffs. Celebrating a hit in the first inning?

Why not celebrate? This reminds me of an old playground buttkicking and they are mocking the Sox pretty much.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
Accompanied, I'm guessing, by Hawk explaining Moustakas will have the best year of his career as long as he hits second because he'll have things to do and something something.

lol he was going there.

I understand there's a different mentality when hitting second, but if anything, the idea of the 2-hole hitter being somebody to move runners over is getting phased out in baseball. More and more teams are putting some of their best hitters in that spot. And it's not to move runners over to third.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
Ned Yost bunting in the first inning...classic.

There have been quite a few studies done about the psychological advantage of scoring the first run.

Especially in that situation, when you've got the opponent in a position to be swept, you're playing at home with house money at this point in the series and you've got (seemingly) the best bullpen in baseball, with the idea you only have to get the game now to the 6th or 7th inning and the opponent will essentially give up.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
Robin-ball has been defined by teams extremely short on talent trying to rebuild.

Yeah his rosters have sucked but it's also been very bad baseball defined by very few winning streaks to get excited about. Chicken and egg thing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
Yeah his rosters have sucked but it's also been very bad baseball defined by very few winning streaks to get excited about. Chicken and egg thing.

You can't blame Robin for bad players. The White Sox were bad when Ozzie had bad players too.

What I don't understand is if the Sox lose, it's Robin's fault. If the offense doesn't score, it is whoever the hitting coach's fault, but if the Sox give up 18 runs in 17 innings, it has nothing to do with Coop.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)

Lol. Not worried about contradicting yourself when trying to make the point you make about Robin every day on this board.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 9, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
lol he was going there.

I understand there's a different mentality when hitting second, but if anything, the idea of the 2-hole hitter being somebody to move runners over is getting phased out in baseball. More and more teams are putting some of their best hitters in that spot. And it's not to move runners over to third.

Right. The Mike Moustakas of last year is the last guy you want hitting 2nd. Now if his OPS hangs up above 1.500 then he's a great choice.