GAME THREAD 4/10, MIN @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
It's a lot of the same team as last year that was 5th in the league in OPS.

Not pathetic.

I like Dozier...Mauer and Suzuki. That's about it. They arent Braves or Rays bad but it's bad.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
Interesting to see Johnson over Sanchez vs. LHP.

Not really, Micah is the Sox second baseman. Sanchez will no longer be with the major league team after tomorrow ( baring injuries he won't be back until September).

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
LaRoche has just been a victim of some bad upside down K's in that second game against the Royals. The ump was soooooo bad that game.

Agreed, I recall two ABs in the same game where he got called out on pitches WAY outside.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
Not really, Micah is the Sox second baseman. Sanchez will no longer be with the major league team after tomorrow ( baring injuries he won't be back until September).

Petricka is going to need another week.

Sale coming of the DL probably means the end of Kyle Drabek.

[/color] MAN DO I HATE DRAKE BECKHAM! I MEAN GORDON LAROCHE

Um, I don't know. When I was 12 I'd love to be at Major League baseball games every day instead of memorizing state capitals.

But then again, knowing the state capitals has really helped me in my day to day job in finance ................................

If the team is fine with the kid being there, then I'm fine with the kid being there. His dad has many a businesses, makes millions ... I'm sure he'll be fine without an regimented school plan.

Back to baseball. How about all the decent weather for the series!?

I don't like calling anything must wins. It's way to over-reactive. However, I'd sure like to leave this series with a 2-4 record heading to DET.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
I don't like calling anything must wins. It's way to over-reactive. However, I'd sure like to leave this series with a 2-4 record heading to CLE.

I'd like them to come home from Detroit at 6-5. But at least 5-6.

Hahn really needed Sanchez, Beckham, Bonifacio, Saladino and Leury?

Seems he was too quick to sign Bonifacio, and for too much money.

Could have been used to shore up that bullpen, for example.

Maybe he will make more sense with an outfield injury (Eaton specifically), but its a bit of a head scratcher.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
Hahn really needed Sanchez, Beckham, Bonifacio, Saladino and Leury?

Seems he was too quick to sign Bonifacio, and for too much money.

Could have been used to shore up that bullpen, for example.

Maybe he will make more sense with an outfield injury (Eaton specifically), but its a bit of a head scratcher.

While I don't think Bonifacio is as good as some make it out to be, coming to conclusions right before the 4th game of the season is beyond ridiculous. s*** happens. Bonifacio will get his time.

As far as the Twins go, Dozier/Plouffe/Mauer/Vargas/Arcia and Santana have some pop.

When they can dump Schaefer and put Buxton and Sano out there together...it will be close to a very dangerous lineup.

Aaron Hicks has been an enigma, too. In the future, Buxton will play CF, Santana SS, Escobar superutility and maybe Plouffe in the OF to make room for Sano.

Its a lineup of players with quite a bit of versatility, too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
While I don't think Bonifacio is as good as some make it out to be, coming to conclusions right before the 4th game of the season is beyond ridiculous. s*** happens. Bonifacio will get his time.

Not a conclusion.

Just believe, given the roster composition, that the money could have been spent much more effectively.

Remember we also had the Keppinger outlay of money for the very same role.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
Not a conclusion.

Just believe, given the roster composition, that the money could have been spent much more effectively.

Remember we also had the Keppinger outlay of money for the very same role.

You aren't writing the checks. You really don't need to worry about $4 million. That's nothing.

The White Sox turned quite a profit last year according to Forbes. JR has said he only wants to break even. If that is correct, he could lose a pretty penny this season and still be ahead of where he wants to be over the past 2 seasons. They have said every dime that comes in goes out. If they made $31 million last year, that's 310,000,000 dimes that didn't go out after all the dimes came in.

Edited by Dick Allen