4/20- White Sox vs Cleveland Indians

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
It's not like we got a lot of coverage even when the Cubs were losing 95 games every year the last five seasons. Barring a dynasty-type run by the Sox, this is not going to change.

Right. The Sox will never be popular. Who gives a s***? We have enough fans and enough payroll to produce a winner.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, the Sox predictably are off to a s*** start, considering all the games in April are against the Central. What's wrong with the bats? Pretty anemic. I assume Danks pitched well? Just now tuning in and checking the box score.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Jennings was a real good pick up. He's got a good arm.

This bullpen is really coming together. Too bad the offense sucks and our 3-5 rotation guys have sucked. Samardzija has gotten better each start after the first two rocky outings.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
Boy, the Sox predictably are off to a s*** start, considering all the games in April are against the Central. What's wrong with the bats? Pretty anemic. I assume Danks pitched well? Just now tuning in and checking the box score.

6IP 3ER. Good enough to win but the offense has sucked...again.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:22 AM)
How long can we keep saying its early? That excuse is going to run out soon. 6+ games back in the first two weeks. That's f***ing sad. The one time I'm excited for the season were f***ing terrible.

It's like Hawk said in a recent telecast, "We need a mulligan."

Stoney: "A do over on the season?"

Hawk: "Yes, sure."

Stoney: "I don't think they'll let us do that."

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
This bullpen is really coming together. Too bad the offense sucks and our 3-5 rotation guys have sucked. Samardzija has gotten better each start after the first two rocky outings.

Personally, I never had high expectations for the offense. We have 4 proven hitters and a ton of question marks with little experience. We're starting Conor, Eaton, Garcia, Johnson and Flowers. None of those guys are really proven hitters. This shouldn't be surprising.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 03:25 AM)
I could care less if we're popular. But we need to start winning some f***ing games. You want fans to show? Start showing a pulse and win some damn games. Also hire a f***ing legit manager.

Yep, the Sox were counting on increased attendance to fund the moves they made. If the Sox suck this year and attendance drops again, then they will almost definitely be cutting payroll.

Edited by fathom

I remember hearing on a sports radio show. Would you rather see your team win a championship then suck for 15 years, or be good for 15 years and never win a championship? That's kind of been us lol. Won it all in '05 and had some good playoff teams but lately it's been full out suck.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
Yep, the Sox were counting on increased attendance to fund the moves they made. If the Sox suck this year and attendance drops again, then they will almost definitely be cutting payroll.

If they under perform and are out of it by June. Well the shark will be sold. After that who knows.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 03:28 AM)
If they under perform and are out of it by June. Well the shark will be sold. After that who knows.

As he should be. Another reason it's important that Q turns his season around.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
I remember hearing on a sports radio show. Would you rather see your team win a championship then suck for 15 years, or be good for 15 years and never win a championship? That's kind of been us lol. Won it all in '05 and had some good playoff teams but lately it's been full out suck.

It's a good question, would you take our last decade including '05 or the Tigers' last decade?

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:27 AM)

Sox are only down 3-0 at home. But it's like it's 7-0. Learn how to manufacture some base runners. Geez.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
It's a good question, would you take our last decade including '05 or the Tigers' last decade?

How about winning the world series in 05 and still making the playoffs more than a few times in a 100 years. The redsox did the same thing we did, and kept building on it.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:30 AM)

Easily ours. Tigers fans can't pop in a 21st century AL central domination DVD

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)

It's not a good question. Many a good white sox fan lived a long life without ever seeing a World Series win. Nobody can ever take the experience of winning one away. It was more special for us than the vast majority of fans because a lot believed it would never happen.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 02:30 AM)

I'd have to take it the way it worked out because of Chicago's sports history in baseball. Nobody had won a WS since the great depression so we had to get that out of the way for the city's sake. Undeniably there's been a lot of bad baseball, though, to go with the title.