4/23 - White Sox vs. Royals 7:10 CST

Dunt

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
He looks incredibly stiff vs RHP, which slows down his bat speed and makes it nearly impossible for him to clear his hips to pull the ball with any authority. If you watch him against LHP, he seems to open up so much better.

Whatever philosophy ole steve was going to bring from Oakland it is not working.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:19 PM)
batting .154 with RISP isn't going to get it done. Pen performed really well. We had our chances and didn't capitalize. Go get them tomorrow, a 4-3 homestand would be great, and 5-2 homestand would be better.

THey need to start winning multiple games. As it stands this team is going to be fourth or distant third.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
batting .154 with RISP isn't going to get it done. Pen performed really well. We had our chances and didn't capitalize. Go get them tomorrow, a 4-3 homestand would be great, and 5-2 homestand would be better.

Someone jinxed Sale from the beginning of the game by guaranteeing a victory.

You never do that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:20 PM)
THey need to start winning multiple games. As it stands this team is going to be fourth or distant third.

if they win the next three (yes i know tall order) they'll be back at .500. if they split the series they're still in it. Get out of april around .500 and we'll be fine. Offense hasn't hit their stride and i have a really f***ing hard time believing they're going to continue to score just two runs a game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)
can't believe LaRoche has turned into Dunn. It's early, but Morales looks to have been a much better possible fit.

And it was a perfect time for the Royals to pick him up salary-wise, coming off the disastrous "sitting out" experiment of 2014 and then going through an in-season spring training malaise with Minny and then SEA.

He's definitely going to put up better numbers than Butler this season, IMO.

And he's a better fit leadership/chemistry-wise with their younger Hispanic players.

Just like missing out on Victor Martinez...Miguel Cabrera, we're usually a day late and 50 cents short.

Biggest issue with Sox lineup right now is that there is no power at all outside of Abreu/LaRoche. Hard to score a lot of runs when you have minimal power and a team that doesn't walk much. 3rd base is a position that looks to need a serious upgrade. With Johnson/Eaton on this roster likely to be starting for the next few seasons, you can't have gaping power issues in RF and 3B as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
He looks incredibly stiff vs RHP, which slows down his bat speed and makes it nearly impossible for him to clear his hips to pull the ball with any authority. If you watch him against LHP, he seems to open up so much better.

I don't buy that. He is a rotational hitter. He goes bat knob first, hands tight, and then the bat follows through. The bat speed is generated by how quickly he gets his bat knob forward in this style. His stance is stiff because you are taught to drive into the ground and widen out in that style.

Only good thing that came from that game is that some of our players showed some f***ing life and heart and in that scrum. Sale, Shark, Q (reports), and Eaton all had some fire in them and were not gonna let those punks come into our house and take it over. I loved what the Shark did, he showed the team he is with them 100 %. I do wish it was Q, Danks, or Noesi bc Rodon can fill their shoes better then they can themselves. Our team needs something to get their bats going hopefully this was it.

Edited by Condor13

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
Biggest issue with Sox lineup right now is that there is no power at all outside of Abreu/LaRoche. Hard to score a lot of runs when you have minimal power and a team that doesn't walk much. 3rd base is a position that looks to need a serious upgrade. With Johnson/Eaton on this roster likely to be starting for the next few seasons, you can't have gaping power issues in RF and 3B as well.

Not to mention the gaping chasm that's catcher.

And eventually replacing Alexei, although he might turn out to be ageless.

Thompson, Hawkins and Anderson can be thrown at the RF issue...catcher, there's simply no internal replacement. MAYBE Nieto...but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:23 PM)
if they win the next three (yes i know tall order) they'll be back at .500. if they split the series they're still in it. Get out of april around .500 and we'll be fine. Offense hasn't hit their stride and i have a really f***ing hard time believing they're going to continue to score just two runs a game.

Sox chasing .500 in April, I've seen that last 30 years, they never go much past it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:24 PM)

Eaton and Johnson not getting on base

Laroche playing like Dunn did

Those are your issues.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
Eaton and Johnson not getting on base

Laroche playing like Dunn did

Those are your issues.

You are seriously blaming a rookie batting 9th for the offensive problems of the sox?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 04:12 AM)
You're not pissed, you're at Applebee's high-fiving you or Royal buddies douchebag.

The veterans on this board know that line is a flat out lie. I hate the Royals and love the Sox. Give me a break please.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 04:25 AM)
Only good thing that came from that game is that some of our players showed some f***ing life and heart and in that scrum. Sale, Shark, Q (reports), and Eaton all had some fire in them and were not gonna let those punks come into our house and take it over. I loved what the Shark did, he showed the team he is with them 100 %. I do wish it was Q, Danks, or Noesi bc Rodon can fill their shoes better then they can themselves. Our team needs something to get their bats going hopefully this was it.

One counter argument to that. We didn't f***ing win and had four chances to walk off. I think that nullifies your point.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:25 PM)

It did nothing for the white sox. The starting three were not the ones that needed to show anything.