Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
I think I'm over X-men. Never even saw Apocalypse and don't have an urge to.

New rumor is Legion and Dr. Strange introducing the multiverse paves the way for some of the X-Men characters to jump to the MCU, which is probably needed after Apocalypse.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
If Fox sells back to Marvel/Disney/ABC, you have to think their return on investment will be astronomical. DO THE RIGHT THING, FOX

Hell, partnering with them Sony style even.

Which - three major studios partnering on a film series would be crazy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:54 AM)
Hell, partnering with them Sony style even.

Which - three major studios partnering on a film series would be crazy.

Major studios partnering up isn't rare, it happens pretty regularly.

I think Fox should partner with Marvel/Disney and reboot the X Men (and Fantastic Four) films in the MCU with its younger cast from Apocalypse but that would probably take a lot of time to realize because you have to figure out where mutants fit in the overall MCU and how it affects the Inhumans storyline, which I think will be the next phase of films.

I'm pretty surprised that Marvel/Disney hasn't suffocated X-Men like they did Fantastic Four, in regards to how they stopped making merchandise and printing comics. Marvel/Disney even went so far to remove FF characters from new editions all previously printed pictures of the Marvel Universe.

And I'm not sure why Fox wants to hold on to their Marvel properties for, because they only make money from the BO, everything else goes to Marvel/Disney.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)

I think Fox should partner with Marvel/Disney and reboot the X Men (and Fantastic Four) films in the MCU with its younger cast from Apocalypse but that would probably take a lot of time to realize because you have to figure out where mutants fit in the overall MCU and how it affects the Inhumans storyline, which I think will be the next phase of films.

I'm pretty surprised that Marvel/Disney hasn't suffocated X-Men like they did Fantastic Four, in regards to how they stopped making merchandise and printing comics. Marvel/Disney even went so far to remove FF characters from new editions all previously printed pictures of the Marvel Universe.

And I'm not sure why Fox wants to hold on to their Marvel properties for, because they only make money from the BO, everything else goes to Marvel/Disney.

They did suffocate the X men, and only recently have they started the ResurreXion storyline, which is why many believe that they are trying to make this MCU happen. Another hint is that they took Inhumans off their schedule and basically put a "TBD" label on it.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)

But three studios partnering for a franchise that's heavily interwoven?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
They did suffocate the X men, and only recently have they started the ResurreXion storyline, which is why many believe that they are trying to make this MCU happen. Another hint is that they took Inhumans off their schedule and basically put a "TBD" label on it.

Yup. And the only reason they didn't snuff them out is because they're the f***ing X-Men. You don't get rid of that cash cow entirely.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)

Inhumans isn't off the table it just doesn't have a release date because of Spider-Man and Disney gave another film its spot. I think that news and traction on Inhumans will pick back up the closer we get to Infinity Wars and certainly Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I personally think that they're waiting to see what the finished storyline for Avengers 3 and 4 are going to be before they dive back into Inhumans.

I haven't been keeping up with Marvel's comics for a while, so I will check out this storyline. It's the first XMen book in how long?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
But three studios partnering for a franchise that's heavily interwoven?

Yup. And the only reason they didn't snuff them out is because they're the f***ing X-Men. You don't get rid of that cash cow entirely.

I don't know about three studios but I know that Legendary (which is now apart of Universal) and Warner Bros are teaming up to make a Kajiu universe, with Godzilla and Kong.

And when I think about it, three studios may not want to partner on a movie because of the diluted returns.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
I don't know about three studios but I know that Legendary (which is now apart of Universal) and Warner Bros are teaming up to make a Kajiu universe, with Godzilla and Kong.

And when I think about it, three studios may not want to partner on a movie because of the diluted returns.

Well if it were like the Sony deal, each studio finances their films (so Sony would finance the Spider-Man films, Fox the X-Men, FF and Deadpool, Marvel the rest) and retains all profits.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
Well if it were like the Sony deal, each studio finances their films (so Sony would finance the Spider-Man films, Fox the X-Men, FF and Deadpool, Marvel the rest) and retains all profits.

I didn't know the specifics of the deal, I just looked it up.

'Marvel Studios won’t pay Sony Pictures for the rights to put Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” the “Avengers” franchise or its other superhero films, as part of its new partnership with the studio, according to sources with knowledge of the deal. At the same time, Marvel won’t receive a cut of the box office for any of Sony’s films that feature Spider-Man. Sony won’t receive a percentage of the revenue Disney makes from Marvel’s films that have Spider-Man, either.'

I was going to say that if the studio are going to put in equal money, you could have another Interstellar situation. On that film, WB and Paramount went into together and each came up with $40M profit, while Chris Nolan walked away with more money than the studios did ($120M to be exact). This Spider Man deal seems to be in the best interest of both studios.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
Inhumans isn't off the table it just doesn't have a release date because of Spider-Man and Disney gave another film its spot. I think that news and traction on Inhumans will pick back up the closer we get to Infinity Wars and certainly Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I personally think that they're waiting to see what the finished storyline for Avengers 3 and 4 are going to be before they dive back into Inhumans.

I haven't been keeping up with Marvel's comics for a while, so I will check out this storyline. It's the first XMen book in how long?

this story gives a little background on the past ten years storylines for X men

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-x-men-...rrexion-reboot/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 04:52 PM)
Thought Dr Strange was a tad lackluster. Can't put my finger on it. A tad incoherent with all the mythology.

It was fine but just one of the weaker Marvel movies to me.

Really?

I loved it! I'd put it up there with Guardians and the solo Captain America flicks as the best Marvel films. I actually think its one of the better movies of the year period.

• 2 weeks later...