Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

Just saw Civil War, I did have some problems with it but I really enjoyed it. I need to think about it to see if I loved it.

It's by far the best Avengers movie and one of the better films in the MCU.

Really excited for the Spider-Man film but the star of the movie was Black Panther. And hopefully, Black Widow gets her own movie.

My biggest problem was that I knew what to expect going in, a lot of the movie to me felt like the MCU on auto-pilot. That needs to change soon because the monotonous MCU style is starting to lose my interest. Hopefully, the new characters and franchises change that.

Spoilers, obviously.

Glad they didn't kill Zemo. Hopefully he'll be well utilized in the next films.

T'Challa and Peter are perfect. As are Spider-Man and Black Panther.

Sharon delivering Ultimate Cap's line of "no, you move" was great.

So the Secret Avengers are based out of Wakanda now? Is Widow with them?

Who is on the official Avengers roster now - Tony, Vision, and Rhodey? They're broken.

Will we see the Avengers in Black Panther if they're in Wakanda?

Non-spoilers: This wasn't a comedy like I'm sure people will try to say it is. It wasn't formulaic either. There was heavy s*** going on in this film.

Avengers (3.25/4)

All the new characters were great, especially Black Panther and Spider-Man seems like his future is secure if he's getting some direction now from the Marvel team.

Ant-Man and Spider-Man, to me, were the stars of this one, although obviously Iron Man and Captain America have the most screen time.

Kind of feeling like there were a bit too many characters and storylines to juggle (glad no Thor/Hulk)...Hawkeye has just never seemed to quite fit because his power is about the equivalent of Jennifer Lawrence in Hunger Games. Natasha Romanoff also kind of got short shrift in this one, although I'm sure she probably had a lot of other projects going simultaneously.

Daniel Bruhl (Rush) was set up well as a strong villain.

This is really a "buddy" picture from all sides, and, while it's a SMALLER picture and plot in terms of scope, it's a much better one than Ultron and on par with the first Avengers, which was more destruction/global armaggedon and this one felt more like part of the Captain America series with its numerous Captain America subplots.

Am curious to see where they will go with the Black Panther character, and his future missions/causes...and Vision, as well as Scarlet Witch and their pending "psychological entanglement."

Haha...well, the movie title is just a bit misleading in one sense...because, marketing. (Yes, I'm aware it's part of the comic pantheon also).

True, no Hulk and no Thor, but it has all the feel of an Avengers movie because you've got about 12 different characters in motion at the same time. To me, it was a bit reminiscent of X-Men (everyone's got a gimmick these days!) mixed in together with the Captain America series.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
Haha...well, the movie title is just a bit misleading in one sense...because, marketing. (Yes, I'm aware it's part of the comic pantheon also).

True, no Hulk and no Thor, but it has all the feel of an Avengers movie because you've got about 12 different characters in motion at the same time. To me, it was a bit reminiscent of X-Men (everyone's got a gimmick these days!) mixed in together with the Captain America series.

Go figure, a marvel comic/movie reminds you of a marvel comic/movie.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 6, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
Spoilers, obviously.

Will we see the Avengers in Black Panther if they're in Wakanda?

That was my main question as well. Or at least Cap or Buck.

I like that they didn't follow the exact storyline from the comic, I think the movie is a improvement on the book. Hopefiully this leads us to the Illuminati.

Im shocked that they didn't kill Captain America, but you look at it he has robe the one to lead the fight against Thanos.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 6, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
I like that they didn't follow the exact storyline from the comic, I think the movie is a improvement on the book. Hopefiully this leads us to the Illuminati.

Im shocked that they didn't kill Captain America, but you look at it he has robe the one to lead the fight against Thanos.

I was grateful that they deviated from the comic book. That storyline is all over the place.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 6, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)

The book wasn't that good, it was very divisive and brings up heated feelings even to this day, lol. The storyline didn't really make sense, as to why the characters did what they did.

I shouldn't have replied to this post because I can see the spoiler underneath. s***.

They left him out of the trailers intentionally but Black Panther was a *major* character in Civil War.

Also, Chadwick Boseman's "Wakandan" accent sounds just like my inner voice read it in comics.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
I liked it, bit long. Still crazy feature of marvel movies how hard I have to think back to remember parts of the movie. They are incredibly forgettable.

I think I am this way with every movie I see. LOL My wife will sometimes insist that I seen a movie maybe 6 months previously and I will have no recollection of the movie at all. I will be sure that she is wrong. It is like I watched it for the first time. Actually its kind of scary.