Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 28, 2017 -> 10:32 PM)
Is anyone excited for the Inhumans show?

BlackBolt is one of my favorite characters ever and I was really excited to see him and the royal family brought to the big screen. I think making Inhumans a TV Show is a huge mistake.

It's budget is similar or more than GOT per episode. That's the best approach to making Inhumans to me.

The problem is Scott Buck running it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 5, 2017 -> 02:43 PM)
I liked Guardians 2. If you liked the first, you'll probably like this variation too. I can understand where some of the criticism is happening but I still think it's a good movie.

It reminds me of a typical tv show, where they keep delaying the StarLord/Gamora hookup for 3-4 seasons to sustain interest.

Or do the comics tell a different tale?

I guess the expectations were relatively low for the first one, so the opposite principle is at work now. I also read another site where there was an 89% approval at Flixster and A at Cinemascore. Interestingly, Metacritic is much lower at 67%, which is closer to where I would place it.

Boxoffice.com originally forecast $160 million and it will end up closer to $135-140. Here in China, it's heading for $40 million, compared to the nearly $200 million mark for Furious 8 in three days plus late Thursday shows.

Edited by caulfield12

I thought Guardians was pretty awful, which sucked because I was really excited for it. I didn't over hype the movie in my head or anything, I just hated it. I am going to try and see it again this week but I haven't been this disappointed since my mom took me to see Terminator 3.

I hadn't seen th cfirst since theatre but I liked this one better. Yondu and Drax stood out.

Need to rewatch te first.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 7, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
I thought Guardians was pretty awful, which sucked because I was really excited for it. I didn't over hype the movie in my head or anything, I just hated it. I am going to try and see it again this week but I haven't been this disappointed since my mom took me to see Terminator 3.

You had high hopes for a Terminator movie without Cameron, Hamilton, & Furlong?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ May 7, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
I hadn't seen th cfirst since theatre but I liked this one better. Yondu and Drax stood out.

The Yondu/Ravenger stuff was amazing. I did enjoy that.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 7, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)

QUOTE (Brian @ May 7, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)

You had high hopes for a Terminator movie without Cameron, Hamilton, & Furlong?

My aunt would always let me watch T2 when she babysat me when I was little. I was 10 when T3 came out, halfway through the movie, me and my mom looked at each other and walked out. Had that same feeling watching Guardians on Wednesday morning, wasn't hung over either.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 8, 2017 -> 02:12 AM)
My aunt would always let me watch T2 when she babysat me when I was little. I was 10 when T3 came out, halfway through the movie, me and my mom looked at each other and walked out. Had that same feeling watching Guardians on Wednesday morning, wasn't hung over either.

I thought that T3 was okay as a Terminator movie.

I haven't seen Salvation or Genisys yet, but I've never had issue with the Terminator films - they're supposed to be fantasy.

Changing the time line is pretty much part of the series.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:34 PM)
I thought that T3 was okay as a Terminator movie.

I haven't seen Salvation or Genisys yet, but I've never had issue with the Terminator films - they're supposed to be fantasy.

Then you haven't seen the worst two.

T1 and T2 are classics. T3 is an acceptable action movie that is disappointing compared to its predecessors. T4 and T5 are crap.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 19, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
Tom Hardy is Venom

And apparently isn't going to tie into the MCU. They are trying to start a Sony Cinematic Universe with the character rights they own but still might use Tom Holland as Spider-Man. I think it would be dumb to recast him at this point. He can be Spider-Man in both universes and have them not crossover at all, other than when Disney/MCU is doing a Spiderman/Avengers movie. I mean, they still made solo Iron Man, Thor and Captain America post-Avengers so it's possible.

Edited by soxfan2014

• 1 month later...