5/7 Tigers at White Sox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
You know things are pretty bad when the "Lil' Bulldog" is frustrated with the current state of affairs.

Beat the Royals two times...no momentum, same with this series. Just can't seem to get anything going without self-sabotaging it.

How many games have the Sox given away so far this year? I'd say a handful between the mental, physical and bad managing. Can't be giving games away like this. I'm not even angry anymore I just expect it under RV. I've come to acceptance. He'll never get fired unless the Sox are 20 under in June or something.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
Very weird decision on its surface but Jennings did pretty well when going >1 inning last year. 18 innings, 1 earned run, 17 hits, 3 walks, 16 K's.

What makes it weird is that other guys were available.

Probably saving other guys for this weekend when the bomb squad is pitching.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)

For the most part, and certainly there are exceptions, you play to win the game you're playing and worry about tmr later. If that was indeed his justification it's a poor excuse imo.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
Very weird decision on its surface but Jennings did pretty well when going >1 inning last year. 18 innings, 1 earned run, 17 hits, 3 walks, 16 K's.

What makes it weird is that other guys were available.

He had Duke warming up when we were hitting but still stuck with Jennings. Wonder if something happened to Duke

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)

Haha true, but I'd prioritize a game against Detroit more.

Again, Robin did have reason to believe Jennings could get it done but he should also have had somebody ready to flip VMart around.

Nick Castellanos is slightly better against LHP, although no great shakes against either this season.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/31065/jd-martinez

JD Martinez has a pronounced split differential against lefties.

94 OPS points lower this year.

The biggest problem is ignoring the 20 k's in his last 30 plate appearances. It's like they thought he was the same hitter the White Sox faced earlier in the season, when he was one of the top 20-30 hitters in the game.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Bad managing, but this game was lost by the offense.

Offenses struggle. That's baseball. That's why the best hitters in the game struggle to get hits even 1 out of 3 times.

What the f*** is Ventura doing managing this team, though? That's what I can't figure out.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Aren't the Sox two men short on the bench right now due to suspensions?

that i wonder why they didn't separate the suspensions wider? is there a rule on that?

they are going to need some other help in the pen.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Offenses struggle. That's baseball. That's why the best hitters in the game struggle to get hits even 1 out of 3 times.

What the f*** is Ventura doing managing this team, though? That's what I can't figure out.

We have been horrible on offense all year except for a few innings and some major help from the opposing defense

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
Micah has been playing great as of late. The rest of this team has pretty much been a f***ing joke when hitting

Melky has been hitting for about a week now, and Avi has been solid all season long.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)

Of course he shouldn't be here, that's beyond obvious this season. Unfortunately the team is ran like a family-owned business where there's no accountability.

QUOTE (Real @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
laroche has to go hes just so f***ing terrible lmao.

edit. that was eaton.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with BOTH Eaton and LaRoche for awhile.

Soria coming in now...not going to mess around in the 8th this time, Ausmus with the "must win this game" decision.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
that i wonder why they didn't separate the suspensions wider? is there a rule on that?

they are going to need some other help in the pen.

The way they did it, they only miss one start between the two. The day Samardjiza is back, he will pitch in the slot that Sale would have. Then Sale will be ready to go the next day.