GAMETHREAD - 5/23 - Twins @ White Sox

glangon

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ May 23, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
They rocked him last time they faced him, too. Not good if the Twins have Sale's number.

As many times as these teams face each other, if you are a hitter with a clue you should be able to hit a guy.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
There's a very slim chance Stoney is back next year.

You might be right, but Stoney made an interesting comment earlier about a conversation he had with Paulie on a flight to Arizona last year. He was very complimentary about Paulie's seemingly cerebral thoughts on hitting. Now I am and always will be a big fan of the Hawk, but I kind of like the idea of a Stone/Paulie pairing. Maybe if Hawk reduces his schedule next season and going forward that configuration could come together.

Edited by Thad Bosley

Paulie's got it made. He appears to be a great guy. He's a multi millionaire. He has a beautiful wife. Two little boys who are just entering their Little League (and up) years. Has a daughter. My gosh at 37 he has it all. Continued health and happiness to the Konerkos.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 23, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
As with thursdsy 4 runs is just to many to come back from. This team sucks.

If Sox don't score 5 today, everybody in the hitting equation should be fired the way the ball is flying out of the place.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
I like the triples hitting Eaton.

Paulie has been pretty damn good.

"I know a triple when I see it."

I chuckled.

Paulie and Rowand for the next announcing duo.

Dont know whats going on with Sale's pitch selection this year...and why he's allowing so many batters to key on his fastball.

Or doubling up with either changes or sliders when he does throw it.

It's going to be completely ridiculous if May records 4 of 6 career victories against the Sox. Although lefties with average stuff have always owned us historically.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
The local affiliate airing the game out of Des Moines is doing a nice job of making sure they air commercials that say "Go Cubs"

Better than thanks for the memories, Mayor.

Does anyone know why Sale's slider percentage is WAY down this season? Unless he's experiencing some elbow tenderness, it doesn't make sense not to utilize your best pitch more often when they're obviously keying on the fb.