GAMETHREAD - 5/23 - Twins @ White Sox

glangon

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 23, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Sanchez is fine. He's in there for his defense. Melky on the other hand...

No team can afford a 400 OPS hitter...especially when they're scuffling so badly to turn over the line-up.

I don't care if it's Ozzie Smith or Omar Vizquel out there because there's just too many other defensive black holes.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 23, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
No dude your s*** is tiresome. Every game thread the same s***. You question everything. Sheesh relax. Would love to see you manage. Not robins fault this piece of s*** dont swing

I think he's pissed Robin didn't PH for him. I probably would have used Soto myself; you can't have people staring at strikes right in your wheelhouse. I rather see Flowers K with a homerun cut.

Typically when a team is one of, if not the worst, teams in the Majors in hitting, fielding and base running, they're going to lose a lot of games. If they can't get things turned around, thoughts of contending will be done in a few weeks. Avi being injured highlights just how weak the offense is. Eaton's been far and away the most productive player this week. Need to shuffle some things in the order though, and I would suggest Conor batting 2nd and Melky in the 6-7 range.

Soto should be playing a majority of the games and PHing whenever Flowers is up with a huge chance on the line as far as I'm concerned. Atleast until Flowers is replaced. But that wont happen. The excuse factory this management and coaching staff has for him is astounding.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 23, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
No dude your s*** is tiresome. Every game thread the same s***. You question everything. Sheesh relax. Would love to see you manage. Not robins fault this piece of s*** dont swing

Then skip the post real f***ing simple sunshine. I'll question whatever I want while watching a game.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
No team can afford a 400 OPS hitter...especially when they're scuffling so badly to turn over the line-up.

I don't care if it's Ozzie Smith or Omar Vizquel out there because there's just too many other defensive black holes.

Blame Melky, LaRoche, Abreu, Ramirez. These guys are super underachieving at this point. If they are at career norms Sanchez's bat won't even matter.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 23, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
Then skip the post real f***ing simple sunshine. I'll question whatever I want while watching a game.

How can I skip when 8 of the 10 posts in a page are your b****ing? Its getting old, tiresome and boring. I understand being frustrated. But theres 3 posters here that make game threads unbearable. Constant b****ing about everything. Even if Ventura farts they b****.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 23, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)

How can I skip when 8 of the 10 posts in a page are your b****ing? Its getting old, tiresome and boring. I understand being frustrated. But theres 3 posters here that make game threads unbearable. Constant b****ing about everything. Even if Ventura farts they b****.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 23, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)

Then leave or use the ignore button, but to b**** about b****ing is f***ing comical. It is called Soxtalk not JoshPRtalk.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2015 -> 06:03 PM)
Typically when a team is one of, if not the worst, teams in the Majors in hitting, fielding and base running, they're going to lose a lot of games. If they can't get things turned around, thoughts of contending will be done in a few weeks. Avi being injured highlights just how weak the offense is. Eaton's been far and away the most productive player this week. Need to shuffle some things in the order though, and I would suggest Conor batting 2nd and Melky in the 6-7 range.

This is exactly what I suggested earlier in this thread. Move Melky down to 6th and hope he gets going soon.

This belongs in the Ventura thread perhaps, but aren't we all sick of the need for "wake up calls "? Let me explain.

We started the season needing a wake up to play with the intensity required for games that actually count. And while comeback victories are nice, we seemingly need to pull our heads out of it constantly in the first few innings of every damn game, starting to play with purpose only after digging a hole.

IMO, this goes directly to lack of preparedness from the staff. Too much of a pattern to be much else.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 23, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
This belongs in the Ventura thread perhaps, but aren't we all sick of the need for "wake up calls "? Let me explain.

We started the season needing a wake up to play with the intensity required for games that actually count. And while comeback victories are nice, we seemingly need to pull our heads out of it constantly in the first few innings of every damn game, starting to play with purpose only after digging a hole.

IMO, this goes directly to lack of preparedness from the staff. Too much of a pattern to be much else.

The main problem is that our batters aren't tough outs against strike-throwers. We consistenly lose the pitchcount battle- it's all I pay attention to now. Foul that s*** off like crazy first time through. Piss the pitcher off. Play the GAME, not the sport.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 23, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
The main problem is that our batters aren't tough outs against strike-throwers. We consistenly lose the pitchcount battle- it's all I pay attention to now. Foul that s*** off like crazy first time through. Piss the pitcher off. Play the GAME, not the sport.

Shuck had a real good AB against Perkins.

Tyler should have ended the game where the pitches were thrown.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 12:03 AM)

Good post by Fathom. Once we're out of contention I remain in favor of trading everybody we acquired last year for this year. Re-do it, baby!

QUOTE (Baron @ May 24, 2015 -> 12:03 AM)
Soto should be playing a majority of the games and PHing whenever Flowers is up with a huge chance on the line as far as I'm concerned. Atleast until Flowers is replaced. But that wont happen. The excuse factory this management and coaching staff has for him is astounding.

Cmon. It's a reasonable post, but Soto is not a major league player at this stage, either. Soto is lousy. Bring up whoever is catcher in AAA for the heck of it. Not Soto.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2015 -> 04:43 AM)
Good post by Fathom. Once we're out of contention I remain in favor of trading everybody we acquired last year for this year. Re-do it, baby!

Not that easy. No one is trading for Melky right now. Samardzija is far and away the most valuable realistic trade chip the Sox have. I don't think the Sox will trade any of the core players though that are locked up for more than this season. Like it or not, the fate of the club the next few years rests on Abreu, Avi, Eaton, Sale, Q, rodon and Robertson.