Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:17 AM)
Exactly. What's the point of being GM if you're not the one in charge. It's an empty title. Ever heard the phrase too many cooks spoil the broth ?

It has and still is the KW show. I have said Hahn has never really been allowed to do his job

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:21 AM)
Shark for Hoffman straight up would be a great trade for the Sox.

I just have a gut feeling Hoffman is key to a Shark deal. I would love it to go down.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
My ideal situation is trading Q and M. Johnson for Puig, and then extending Samardzija

Declining K rates from Samardzija are concerning. Overall, he hasn't been super duper this year.

Dodgers seem to want to deal Puig, so wouldn't give up more than Q. While a fair deal, I would do it. Great talent, but don't trust Puig.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 05:26 AM)
Declining K rates from Samardzija are concerning. Overall, he hasn't been super duper this year.

Dodgers seem to want to deal Puig, so wouldn't give up more than Q. While a fair deal, I would do it. Great talent, but don't trust Puig.

talent wise, is 1 thing, but the clubhouse cancer is what i have my concerns.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 11:55 PM)
Deals for Shark to TOR and SF in place. The deals are sitting there. KW is still "all in" on '16 and Rick is not so there's that drama right now.

Williams and his "all in"

Williams and his grinders.

Been hearing that nonsense for 6 years....and have seem the damage his moves have caused for 6 years as well.

Just leave, Williams, and let Hahn build this team.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)

You sound like Balta now.

Actually if you correct for moving from the NL to the AL (two less at-bats from pitchers), and also moving from the AL West to the AL Central...his performance is pretty much in line with expectations, especially if you take away April (like with Eaton and Melky) and follow the general trendline for those three.

He's also pitching longer into games, which is important in terms of resting tired bullpens in the dog days of August.

In fact, he's pitched at least 7 innings now for nine consecutive games.

He has been far and away the most effective this past month, 20 k's in 31.2 IP but a stellar 1.71 ERA.

He started in April with 22 K's in 32 IP, then ramped it up to 32 k's in 36 IP in May but wasn't effective at all for the first half of June, as he was striking out 34 in 40.2 IP but nevertheless had an ERA of nearly 6 (5.75).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:33 AM)
Dodgers are trying to trade Guerrero, any interest?

He's a FA if traded; Sox could use him. Swap Shark for him, but the Dodgers would have to either pick up Laroche or hand over a good prospect. Certainly don't give up a prospect for Guerrero.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:30 AM)
talent wise, is 1 thing, but the clubhouse cancer is what i have my concerns.

If Puig came to the sox I don't think he would be a problem at all. Abreu and Alexei will get him in line and keep him there

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:34 AM)
Williams and his "all in"

Williams and his grinders.

Been hearing that nonsense for 6 years....and have seem the damage his moves have caused for 6 years as well.

Just leave, Williams, and let Hahn build this team.

but on his resume, he got the sox their 1 world series in how many yrs????

no pls do not take this as i am a kw supporter, which i am not and have not since the late 90's.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:33 AM)

Guerrero has a clause in his contract that says he can become a free agent at the end of the season if he's traded. Pass

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:34 AM)
You sound like Balta now.

Actually if you correct for moving from the NL to the AL (two less at-bats from pitchers), and also moving from the AL West to the AL Central...his performance is pretty much in line with expectations, especially if you take away April (like with Eaton and Melky) and follow the general trendline for those three.

He's also pitching longer into games, which is important in terms of resting tired bullpens in the dog days of August.

The AL West was very good last year, certainly better than the Central was.

Pitching deep into games is helping us this year...but just not a sufficient trait to want to sign him long term.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:36 AM)

no pls do not take this as i am a kw supporter, which i am not and have not since the late 90's.

So if he trades Anderson, Montas, and Adams in his quest to go for it. Its all good.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:35 AM)
If Puig came to the sox I don't think he would be a problem at all. Abreu and Alexei will get him in line and keep him there

that is if he is still around.

abreu can only do so much.... puig is bigger than life ..... at least in his very young, adolescent, egotistical feed mind.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:38 AM)
So if he trades Anderson, Montas, and Adams in his quest to go for it. Its all good.

i am a huge anderson and adams fan, i would be royally pissed. then as some admin said earlier, all we do is complain.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:36 AM)

I thank him for that, but we underachieved from 2001-2004 and we've been basically dreadful since 2009. A lot of it was due to poor talent evaluation and his trade negotiation skills, which have been near inept at times.

In the end, he's given us 2 playoff teams in his 15 year tenure.

Thanks for the WS, but it's time to step aside.

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:39 AM)
Really upsetting as a fan.

pretty much what the fans on this board been saying since the off season.

thing is, and really think on this........ has anyone on this board thought otherwise????

edit..... except for greg :D

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:41 AM)
I thank him for that, but we underachieved from 2001-2004 and we've been basically dreadful since 2009. A lot of it was due to poor talent evaluation and his trade negotiation skills, which have been near inept at times.

In the end, he's given us 2 playoff teams in his 15 year tenure.

Thanks for the WS, but it's time to step aside.

no offense and i am not being a smart arse..... but that goes back to the owners.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:38 AM)

If it's for Trout, yes it is.

If it's for his usual gaggle of declining veterans and fallen heroes.....not so much.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:43 AM)
no offense and i am not being a smart arse..... but that goes back to the owners.

No smart arse taken....you're right and everything goes back to the owners (although Williams can do better than he has - he just needs a long term plan and stop getting all goo goo over some veteran he likes).

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)

Sure, but the problem is he's not a SS, so he would have to play 3B or DH.

Supposedly, his defense has been very shaky.

Would totally depend upon the cost, obviously.

Trading Shark for him would be interesting, though...but he has that escape clause in his contract that would be hard to justify acquiring him.

You'd have to go to Abreu and Ramirez and ask their opinions about both Puig and Guerrero, logically.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:43 AM)
If it's for Trout, yes it is.

If it's for his usual gaggle of declining veterans and fallen heroes.....not so much.

i just realize this, if it is kw in charge and i am sure the info is correct. no trade goes down for selling. but a trade will happen to pick up a hitter.

dang. i am slow.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 11:09 PM)
KW is in charge.

Terrific. The guy that has mortgaged the farm system time and time again on his way to one playoff appearance and a single playoff win since 2005 is still calling the shots? Why even promote Rick Hahn then? All that accomplished was giving both of them more money to be in the same roles they were in all along.

Baseball America Organizational Talent Rankings

White Sox - 2001-2012 (KW Era)

2001 - 1

2002 - 9

2003 - 15

2004 - 20

2005 - 12

2006 - 14

2007 - 25

2008 - 30

2009 - 16

2010 - 23

2011 - 27

2012 - 30

2007 to 2012 was KW being desperate to win again at all costs. 2013 & 2014 ended in nearly 200 losses as a result of that desperation. The Sox have 1 playoff win to show for it since 2005 and KW is still calling the shots.

Edited by oneofthemikes