6/10 GDT Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

Condor13

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Right man at the plate, huh?

IDK if you know this but Gordon Beckham is truly one of the greatest players in White Sox history. It's not measured in statistics, or outcomes, or number of fastballs down the middle hit for sky-high pop ups, or really anything I can explain, but just trust me... I have a feeling about this.

Can I get a lifelong position in the White Sox FO now?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
Not really. He was safe last night and a lot of people say he was safe today. Running to steal and running to stay out of a DP or running for a hit and run are 2 different things

He was probably safe today by an inch, which is not enough when you have to steal bases 70+% of the time for it to be worth it. He's 9 for 20 on his career now. Soto is a flyball hitter who is striking out 34% of the time. The chance of a strikeout is higher than a ground ball.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Is that what you want, an 0 for 3?

Obviously not, but it's tough to be optimistic when you're watching an offense that advanced statistics suggest is less effective than a replacement-level AAA team.

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
IDK if you know this but Gordon Beckham is truly one of the greatest players in White Sox history. It's not measured in statistics, or outcomes, or number of fastballs down the middle hit for sky-high pop ups, or really anything I can explain, but just trust me... I have a feeling about this.

Can I get a lifelong position in the White Sox FO now?

:lol: you're hired!

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
He was probably safe today by an inch, which is not enough when you have to steal bases 70+% of the time for it to be worth it. He's 9 for 20 on his career now. Soto is a flyball hitter who is striking out 34% of the time. The chance of a strikeout is higher than a ground ball.

That is on Robin for sending him. But it wasn't because Avi isn't a base stealer why he was out at 2nd. I think Avi has the tools to steal 15 bags a year

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
Not really. He was safe last night and a lot of people say he was safe today. Running to steal and running to stay out of a DP or running for a hit and run are 2 different things

Exactly. He wasn't concerned about getting a big jump. Totally different situations.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
That is on Robin for sending him. But it wasn't because Avi isn't a base stealer why he was out at 2nd. I think Avi has the tools to steal 15 bags a year

What shows you he's a good base stealer? He has consistently failed to steal bases at a satisfactory level from AA up.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 03:11 AM)
Bonifacio is absolutely terrible. I really loved his signing at the time, but he's shown nothing this year and Robin isn't even using him appropriately (not that it would likely matter). A complete waste of money.

Not sure what happened, but he didn't look ready to play when ST started

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)

Ground ball + hit is greater than k. So the play makes sense

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
Maybe they're trying to spare the fans from the inevitable Hawk rant about the dreaded leadoff walk

When Hawk brings up the "dreaded lead off walk", it's never in reference to our hitters. He saves that call for the opposition hitters in a close game in the late innings.