06/18/2014 Swashbucklers at Dirty Laundry

Quin

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Yes 2.1 innings with 8 earned. It has been a very bad year for the farm.

Now that Rodon no longer counts our system is right back to as bad as it was just about any point in the previous 5 years.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:00 PM)
Can we please not give up outs when we are struggling to score runs so badly

I have no problem with JB Shuck playing for the tie when Abreu is up next and there's a really good pitcher in.

Jose Abreu is not supposed to weakly ground out to the left side in that situation.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
Now that Rodon no longer counts our system is right back to as bad as it was just about any point in the previous 5 years.

Not to worry. I read today in Bruce Levine's column that Mr. Reinsdorf is very "frustrated" with the whole situation, so I expect major changes in philosophy and personnel as it relates to drafting and assembling a Major League roster to be forthcoming any day now.

Keystone Cops.

Those are supposedly our two best defenders.

That one is 100% on Ramirez...you can't act like you're going to make the play and then back off at the very last second when it's too late.

Of course, the CF should make the play coming in....but Ramirez was back pedaling so far out into the OF, he fooled everyone into thinking he was going to take it. So 80% Ramirez's fault, 20% Eaton's. Eaton, of course, doesn't come in nearly as well on balls as he does going back to the wall, that's another aspect of it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
Keystone Cops.

That one is 100% on Ramirez...you can't act like you're going to make the play and then back off at the very last second when it's too late.

No that's 100% on Eaton. It's his ball to get to. He was probably playing too deep again.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Fun bad.

Nah this isn't fun.

This blew right by fun bad and is bottle of whiskey and handful of antidepressants bad.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
Keystone Cops.

I know pilimg on Alexei is fun, but anyone who has ever played even little league knows that was Eaton's play. He can't assume Alexei is goimg to make the play. Run to it and call everyome off.