06/23 Sox at Piranhas

Quin

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
It was decent but the BABIP was on the high side and I needed to see it sustained more after an awful 2013. And I say to trust AAA numbers more often than not, there's always gonna be exceptions that largely come from players incapable of making adjustments. And one big thing to look out for at AAA beyond the mere triple slash is strikeout levels, Tyler's was always huge and that usually leads to big problems in the majors.

His BABIP has always been on the high end. I agree with you on the high strikeouts. That rate is only going to rise the vast majority of the time, when you start to face better pitching. I am not a big Sanchez guy, but he is better than he has shown.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
His BABIP has always been on the high end. I agree with you on the high strikeouts. That rate is only going to rise the vast majority of the time, when you start to face better pitching. I am not a big Sanchez guy, but he is better than he has shown.

I'm #TeamSanchez and I agree. When I say I'm #TeamSanchez, I'm saying I think he can be 75-80 wRC+ with good defense, not any kind of star.

But that really goes back to the whole "trade Sale" stuff. I truly believe that when all the chips fall, Sanchez is an 80, Melky is a 100, Eaton is a 110, and Abreu is a 135, and if all that can happen, the team can win a ton more games. I'm the offical Anti-Avi and I still think he can give us 100. It certainly might be too big a hole to dig out of this year, but I don't think you actually have to fill 7 holes on the diamond like it LOOKS right now.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:29 PM)
the Shark couldn't get let that tie stay a tie could he. If our batters had as many homeruns as our pitching has given up we might be in 1st place

Why you got to be so negative man? :P

Ah, another day in the life of White Sox Baseball. Ain't it grrrrrreat!?!?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
That was classic.

They have a raffle every year for a car painted with a White Sox theme. A couple of years ago it was a Smart Car. Stone read the promo and said the grand prize was the Smart Car. 2nd prize was 2 of them.