06/23 Sox at Piranhas

Quin

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
I'm #TeamSanchez and I agree. When I say I'm #TeamSanchez, I'm saying I think he can be 75-80 wRC+ with good defense, not any kind of star.

But that really goes back to the whole "trade Sale" stuff. I truly believe that when all the chips fall, Sanchez is an 80, Melky is a 100, Eaton is a 110, and Abreu is a 135, and if all that can happen, the team can win a ton more games. I'm the offical Anti-Avi and I still think he can give us 100. It certainly might be too big a hole to dig out of this year, but I don't think you actually have to fill 7 holes on the diamond like it LOOKS right now.

Great post. Only thing I disagree on is Sanchez being the answer rather than Micah. Otherwise, I agree things will look much better by the end of the season than they do now.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
You realize how much worse Sanchez has been overall than Michah right?

Don't really care what is to be done with Sanchez. Micah needs to improve defensively. This team is brutal defensively, and Micah was the worst culprit. Can't reward that as an organization or well find ourselves in the same position year after year after....like we are now.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
You realize how much worse Sanchez has been overall than Michah right?

I don't know how Micah is fielding now, but unless it is significantly better, there's no reason to call him up. Make sure the next time he is called up, it is to stay.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
Don't really care what is to be done with Sanchez. Micah needs to improve defensively. This team is brutal defensively, and Micah was the worst culprit. Can't reward that as an organization or well find ourselves in the same position year after year after....like we are now.

But we'll reward the worst hitter in baseball with well over 100 plate appearances despite having an epically bad offense? Do you think it's possible that some of Micah's bad defensive plays were the result of him being a rookie and pressing a little bit? Why are we willing to tolerate growing pains with the bat, but not on the defensive side of the game?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)

Alexei, Conor, and Flowers have been and will always be the worst culprits. If the Sox want to continue to lose then by all means keep running Alexei, Conor, and Sanchez out there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
I don't know how Micah is fielding now, but unless it is significantly better, there's no reason to call him up. Make sure the next time he is called up, it is to stay.

So suffering through Sanchez's complete lack of a bat is the preferred alternative to letting Micah's defense develop at the big league level?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
So suffering through Sanchez's complete lack of a bat is the preferred alternative to letting Micah's defense develop at the big league level?

I would rather him be learning at the MLB level with MLB coaches (even though ours aren't any good) since this season is a waste anyways. At least Micah can get on base over a .200 clip and steal some bases.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)

To my completely nonprofessional eyes, Micah's issues are his stone hands much more than something easily learnable like footwork or positioning. I just don't see him ever being even an average second baseman. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)

Yes. I posted in another thread the pitchers, especially Samardzpjiza were gettimg very frustrated with Micah's defense. And it isn't like he was raking offensively.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
To my completely nonprofessional eyes, Micah's issues are his stone hands much more than something easily learnable like footwork or positioning. I just don't see him ever being even an average second baseman. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

If Micah can't improve defensively then there's almost no amount of offensive production that is going to make it worth having him as a starter on this team.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:59 AM)
Alexei, Conor, and Flowers have been and will always be the worst culprits. If the Sox want to continue to lose then by all means keep running Alexei, Conor, and Sanchez out there.

i am going on the record and say this. Alexei must have some personal problems of some sort. this is not like him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Yes. I posted in another thread the pitchers, especially Samardzpjiza were gettimg very frustrated with Micah's defense. And it isn't like he was raking offensively.

Then he should be real pissed at Alexi!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:05 AM)
If Micah can't improve defensively then there's almost no amount of offensive production that is going to make it worth having him as a starter on this team.

you do have a great point. the whole mentality of the sox is, they would sacrifice defense for the offense. but when the whole infield is bad ............ what to do.