06/23 Sox at Piranhas

Quin

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
I think a vet with Alexei's track record gets a little more slack. The fact is Micah wasn't ready defensively and they sent him back down, nothing wrong with that.

He has used up his track record for 2015. Time to show up or sit.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
The White Sox haven't scored 4 runs in a game since 6/13. 9 games and counting.

Yes, first time since 1976 when they did it 10 games. Scored 15 runs in those 10 games.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
The problem is Beckham is the back up. That is not anything more than a game to game solution.

I agree Sox are screwed right now, but Alexi can't be starting SS in 2016.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Yes. I posted in another thread the pitchers, especially Samardzpjiza were gettimg very frustrated with Micah's defense. And it isn't like he was raking offensively.

He wasn't raking, but he was holding his own as rookie, which doesn't happen often with Sox farmhands. Either way, if you go by WAR, Sanchez has provided less overall value than Micah on a per game basis. I don't view WAR as the end-all-be-all, but it should be clear to any U.S. of watching these games on a daily basis that Sanchez has been incredibly bad and has shown no signs of improving. He will no doubt get better at some point if we keep feeding him at-bats, but the kid is simply a slap hitter and one who is unlikely to get on-base at a high rate or steal a lot of bags. His offensive game is so limited that he has almost no chance of being even average starting 2B IMO despite his glove. If we're going to suffer through growing pains, at least do so with the guy who has the potential to be an above-average starter. Playing Sanchez right now is not helping in the short-term or long-term.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
To my completely nonprofessional eyes, Micah's issues are his stone hands much more than something easily learnable like footwork or positioning. I just don't see him ever being even an average second baseman. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Maybe you'll end up being right, but I think the sample size was too small to jump to any conclusions. He deserved a longer look IMO.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
Alexei, Conor, and Flowers have been and will always be the worst culprits. If the Sox want to continue to lose then by all means keep running Alexei, Conor, and Sanchez out there.

Eh. You need your memory checked. Micah was on pace for a historically bad defensive season. In fact his dwar was worse than all 3 of those players despite playing less than of of their games. You cant have that on an already terrible defensive team.

Don't really care who is at 2b, but it can't be Micah unless he's proved drastically.