06/23 Sox at Piranhas

Quin

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The crazy thing is that the White Sox have 13 one-run victories....all those late game comebacks, and we're still sitting on the 7th pick in the draft next year.

Sanchez got an XB hit? What?

Abreu, very quietly, is almost back to .300 again (.297).

Edited by caulfield12

Well, if we do go on to win this game filled with clutch two-out RBI's, we'll be back to only one game behind the Indians.

That same Indians team is single-handedly keeping the Tigers in the race, with 1 or no more than 2 victories against Detroit all season long in that series.

DET 10-2 versus Cleveland

69 runs scored

49 runs allowed

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
If Micah can't improve defensively then there's almost no amount of offensive production that is going to make it worth having him as a starter on this team.

I see his best-case as a Juan Pierre/Carl Crawford-type outfielder.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
I see his best-case as a Juan Pierre/Carl Crawford-type outfielder.

I think you're confusing him with Tim Anderson.

Actually, if you combined the two (Micah/Tim)...Crawford's XB power and Pierre's stolen base ability. Still, Crawford was a Top 5-10 MVP caliber player early in his TB career, don't imagine we'll see that happen but we can always hope, right?

Unfortunately, we have "half players" all over the place. Combine Sanchez/Micah as well, you've got a decent player. Beckham with Gillaspie, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
I think you're confusing him with Tim Anderson.

Actually, if you combined the two (Micah/Tim)...Crawford's XB power and Pierre's stolen base ability. Still, Crawford was a Top 5-10 MVP caliber player early in his TB career, don't imagine we'll see that happen but we can always hope, right?

Unfortunately, we have "half players" all over the place. Combine Sanchez/Micah as well, you've got a decent player. Beckham with Gillaspie, etc.

That's why I said "best case." I'm not banking on that outcome by any stretch of the imagination, but I think that's his upside.

I think Micah has the potential for nearly, if not quite the same level of pop as Crawford. Whether he goes down the Crawford or the Pierre path is going to depend on the type of approach he chooses to try to develop. If he ends up 80% as productive as either player, though, it'll be a very good career.