2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
This doesn't mean Kane is innocent. I think we're assuming because her lawyer is quitting that Kane is innocent. He could still have done this. It is, however, looking more and more like he's going to have the accusations dropped.

It's pretty close. More and more this case has no legs to stand on. How often does a prosecuting attorney quit when it's a legitimate case?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
This doesn't mean Kane is innocent. I think we're assuming because her lawyer is quitting that Kane is innocent. He could still have done this. It is, however, looking more and more like he's going to have the accusations dropped.

This is a reasonable response. He cannot be exonerated, because he'll never be charged due to insufficient evidence, but he could still have done it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
It's pretty close. More and more this case has no legs to stand on. How often does a prosecuting attorney quit when it's a legitimate case?

If he did anything to her without consent (may not have left DNA either), he did commit a crime. There may not have been evidence from DNA, but not all rapes are particularly violent, either. If she said no, it's illegal.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
If he did anything to her without consent (may not have left DNA either), he did commit a crime. There may not have been evidence from DNA, but not all rapes are particularly violent, either. If she said no, it's illegal.

For sure. But if the DNA evidence is accurate he may not have done it. Pubic areas leave DNA even with a condom

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
If they could prove it, they could get her for obstruction of justice, I suppose.

It depends on what they actually said to the police. It's not obstruction to lie in public and it's not obstruction to lie to your lawyer.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
bs

You don't get exonerated for alleged rape.

And penetration is not required for sexual assault, by the way. The full questionnaire in a rape kit can explain why DNA came out the way it did.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
What a crazy few days.

It's kind of ruined a Stanley Cup summer. Better go win another one.

This whole thing deserves justice, but neither party will get it. The Blackhawks will have to tread lightly with Kane for at least a season.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Blackhawks would want Kane to get some treatment for alcohol abuse as well.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)

Innocent until proven guilty. There's no reason to believe he did anything wrong.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
It's kind of ruined a Stanley Cup summer. Better go win another one.

This whole thing deserves justice, but neither party will get it. The Blackhawks will have to tread lightly with Kane for at least a season.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Blackhawks would want Kane to get some treatment for alcohol abuse as well.

I could definitely see that happening

I guess he's actually a criminal attorney who was just representing the family as a favor. That's why there weren't settlement talks , because hes not that type of lawyer.

In the end, this is all just show until the DA makes an announcement about the grand jury. Hopefully sooner than later.

This isn't the actual prosecuting attorney. This was her representative. The district attorney has not dropped the case.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 03:06 AM)
Scott Levin ‏@ScottLevinWGRZ 3m3 minutes ago

#PatrickKane accuser says she has, "every intention of continuing the case to a just conclusion." @WGRZ

my comment is not against you.

ref the lady ..... what else can she say. she is too far into this to step back or let it drop.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
Looks like daughter learned the tricks from mama...

Chicago Tribune reporting accuser's friend no longer fully backs accuser's version of events and has expressed reluctance to testify.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/b...0924-story.html

I think that is why the grand jury was probably postponed in the first place. This woman's claim is falling apart fast.

Multiple sources told the Tribune that the female friend — a college classmate — no longer fully backs the accuser's version of events and has expressed reluctance to testify. Without her corroboration, it would be harder for prosecutors to move the case forward, those sources said.

plus the lack of his DNA below her waist (if that report is true) pretty much means there is no case. It's the accuser's word versus Kane with no physical evidence confirming the allegation of penetration.

Edited by maggsmaggs