2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 06:55 PM)
Now reading the tweets, steep price, but they have to go for it. It's obviously going to be a low pick in the 1st round, & Dano couldn't crack the lineup this season after a number of opportunities. Need to cash in now.

Plus wingers IMO is a deep prospect position for the Hawks. I love it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
Yeah, that is pretty steep. The other side of the coin is that Saad turned into Ladd and Anisimov, +.

And Panik (traded for Morin). Hawks also get D Jay Harrison and LW Matt Fraser in the deal.

Jets also retain 36% of Ladd's deal.

General Fanager

‏@generalfanager

With Ladd @ $2.816M annual cap hit ($681,290 the rest of the way), #Blackhawks to end season with $341,970 cap space, $1.59M on deadline day

Hawks can still get a D man closer to the deadline with 1.59 left in cap.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
It doesn't happen often in sports, but they aren't really in a position to worry about the future, at least not a 1st priority. It's about right now. I trust this front office, and if they identified Ladd as the big missing piece (as many of us did the last few weeks), then you do what you need to do to get it done, and worry about 2017 and 2018 later.

Yeah, and they are deep enough they can afford to give up some of that young depth to get a guy.

Other than 19 and 88, the Hawks have some big contracts getting old soon, you gotta go for it now. Love the deal, glad it was Dano and not Teuvo. They still get Kruger back for the playoffs too. Hopefully they can use cap savings from Winnipeg to get another blue liner, but they are looking like a Cup favorite again. Nice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
Ladd -Toews - Hossa

Panarin - Anisimov - Kane

Danault - Teravainen -Rasmussen or Panik

Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw

Bam!

This team is so much better with Shaw on the bottom lines. Then get back Kruger and they are playoff ready.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
I'm flipping that 3rd and 4th line, I want that Deszi-Kruger-Shaw line really grinding out against teams top two lines. With the way Q rides his horses in the playoffs, the 4th line isn't going get a ton of run anyway.

It's also why I wasn't going to be super upset if TT got moved in the right deal. I'm pleased with the Ladd package, but not sure how much run TT is going to get in the post season. We're also assuming everyone will be healthy, so...

That 4th line is a true checking line.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
I hope someone asks Bowman if any of the 2010 team that is still around was consulted on the move. Not that it matters, I just think it would be interesting to see if guys like 19-88-2-7-81-4 were asked if they thought it would be a good fit.

This makes me think yes.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 42m42 minutes ago

Bowman on Ladd: "He’s maintained a friendship with a number of our players, and that’s important. He’s a guy you want to go to war with."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
That makes a career high in goals for Brent Seabrook.

Too bad he's become a liability on defense.

The top line has been rough this season, but now at least that is solved. Seabrook is still a problem.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
I hope someone asks Bowman if any of the 2010 team that is still around was consulted on the move. Not that it matters, I just think it would be interesting to see if guys like 19-88-2-7-81-4 were asked if they thought it would be a good fit.

I can't imagine it being any other way.