2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
I hope this is the power play that shows up for the playoffs.

I'd rather have a better PK than PO. Statistically speaking, teams with an average to poor PP can win a cup. Ideally they have both but IIRC the Hawks have had a top 7 PP all season long

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
Best offensive season? Sure. If he wants to keep this up and score two goals every playoff series, I will happily overlook his defensive struggles.

Disagree. If Seabrook was struggling, they'd have only 2 defensemen, and I doubt a team with 2 defensemen would have 83 points. Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson have been fine this year. There's no way the Hawks would be this good so far if only Keith and Hjalmarsson were playing well.

Edited by soxfan49

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
I'd rather have a better PK than PO. Statistically speaking, teams with an average to poor PP can win a cup. Ideally they have both but IIRC the Hawks have had a top 7 PP all season long

Disagree. If Seabrook was struggling, they'd have only 2 defensemen, and I doubt a team with 2 defensemen would have 83 points. Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson have been fine this year. There's no way the Hawks would be this good so far if only Keith and Hjalmarsson were playing well.

Or the league's 2nd best goalie this season has been saving the defense's ass?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
Seabrook had 4 points.

Not defensive statistic.

Also, I hate the World Cup of hockey. Call me old fashion, but if the champion doesn't hoist the Stanley Cup at the end, it doesn't matter. Kane and Toews are paid to wear the red sweater with the indian head.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 08:09 AM)
Not defensive statistic.

Also, I hate the World Cup of hockey. Call me old fashion, but if the champion doesn't hoist the Stanley Cup at the end, it doesn't matter. Kane and Toews are paid to wear the red sweater with the indian head.

F*ck that. I love the international hockey tourneys. It's better hockey.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
Or the league's 2nd best goalie this season has been saving the defense's ass?

Yeah, it wasn't that long ago that people thought Corey Crawford had the worst contract on the Blackhawks. He has just been unreal this year.

How realistic/expensive do you think getting tickets to a game at the world cup will be? I've never been to Toronto out of winter, and love flying porter airlines there. Could be a fun trip.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
Seabrook has almost as many points as Toews for the season

Crawford and the 2nd line have really hid how little production the Hawks have gotten from the 1st line this season. Yet here they stand once again, the favorites to win the Cup and reinforcements have arrived. I imagine we see some big games from 16/19/81 come April.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
Crawford and the 2nd line have really hid how little production the Hawks have gotten from the 1st line this season. Yet here they stand once again, the favorites to win the Cup and reinforcements have arrived. I imagine we see some big games from 16/19/81 come April.

The top line was giving Det some problems last night, Ladd really adds quite a bit.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
You hate the World Cup of Hockey. Got it. So next season, you'd rather watch pre-season hockey than 8 teams made up of primarily All-Stars compete in a tournament where they actually care about playing and it's intense hockey?

Makes sense.

It's all fun and games until your guy gets hurt.

Kane and Toews are paid to do one thing, that is win the Stanley Cup.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
Which they do a lot.

Right, well until they retire, they're getting paid insane money to win cups, not play international matches that don't matter and risk injury.

There's a reason the NHL wants pro players out of the Olympics and this is no different. Every year is critical in this Stanley Cup window. The last thing the Blackhawks need is a star player breaking a collarbone or worse.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Right, well until they retire, they're getting paid insane money to win cups, not play international matches that don't matter and risk injury.

There's a reason the NHL wants pro players out of the Olympics and this is no different. Every year is critical in this Stanley Cup window. The last thing the Blackhawks need is a star player breaking a collarbone or worse.

This I completely agree with. I don't care one bit about international competition.