2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Jesus, you really can be an unhappy human sometimes. He's a 10 year veteran that been one of the Top 15 Dman in the league for a large portion of it. I'm willing to give him a little more time before labeling him a liability or a problem.

Let him go, usually everything he hates rights itself.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Jesus, you really can be an unhappy human sometimes. He's a 10 year veteran that been one of the Top 15 Dman in the league for a large portion of it. I'm willing to give him a little more time before labeling him a liability or a problem.

I call it like it is. 7 has been bad defensively. Period.

You don't like it? Get over it.

http://thecommittedindian.com/follow-me-to...idateeven-good/

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
The front office, and most fans disagree with that assessment. See trade today.

Maybe I should quote it for you

Pretty much every player who matters gets worse with Seabrook on the ice. Strangely, Duncan Keith is not one of them, but they’ve only played 80 minutes together this year.

All of Seabrook’s sabermetric numbers, or whatever you want to call them, are not just worse than the team’s overall, but some of the worst in the league in relation to his team. His relative Corsi is 5% worse, one of the 20 worst in the league. His scoring chance share is 6% worse than the team’s, one of the 10 worst marks in the league. His high-danger scoring chance rate (which I don’t take at full value because of the varying definitions but I also don’t ignore either) is 6% worse than the team’s. If the argument is that Seabrook is a good defensive d-man, then he would be limiting the scoring chances against. He’s not. He’s surredering the most amount of chances and high-danger ones on the team.

He's the worst player on the ice every game. The Blackhawks defense runs two players deep. Crawford has bailed out Seabs all season.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
I call it like it is. 7 has been bad defensively. Period.

You don't like it? Get over it.

http://thecommittedindian.com/follow-me-to...idateeven-good/

The fact that you gave a link to the committed indian is laughable. That dude is a joke. Had a total agenda with the Kane case. All about click bait.

Seabrook has been great offensively, and average on defense. He's fine.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
The fact that you gave a link to the committed indian is laughable. That dude is a joke. Had a total agenda with the Kane case. All about click bait.

I'll wait for you to tell me how the Kane case has anything to do with the performance of Brent Seabrook.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)

Every Blackhawks player except Keith (sample size for Keith/Seabs: 80 minutes) is better with Seabs on the bench.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
Hahaha, Sam Fels and the Committed Indian is what you're bringing to the table?

You're right, I don't know hockey at all.

I hate Seabs but he was nails last year and is valuable as hell. He definitely hasn't had his best year but I expect more in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
Haha, I'm not concerned. In fact, the ONE downside of this Cup run over the last 6 years has made the regular season basically meaningless as a fan. We've gotten so spoiled, but I almost miss having must watch regular season games. It's all about getting a decent seed for the playoffs and staying healthy. The every game ups and downs just don't matter.

Agree 100%. With our tickets I still go to about 15 games a regular season, but when I'm at home its more wondering if the Hawks are on tonight, instead of planning the night around the game like I did a few years ago. ( well two kids changed that too I guess) In 2011 and 2012, there was still questions about making the playoffs, but now it's just all about seeding and while home ice is nice, it isn't mandatory to win a Cup

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 02:55 AM)
Haha, I'm not concerned. In fact, the ONE downside of this Cup run over the last 6 years has made the regular season basically meaningless as a fan. We've gotten so spoiled, but I almost miss having must watch regular season games. It's all about getting a decent seed for the playoffs and staying healthy. The every game ups and downs just don't matter.

i agree with you, ref the bold. however being spoiled and a little over confident is what i have to watch out for. i just assume that the team will overcome any obstacles and win in the playoff. that is on me, esp now with the strength of the team..

now i can see the positiveness of doing really good in the regular season, 1. for some of the time off, 2. getting the right match up on teams 3. home ice advantage, mostly for the fans enjoyments.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
I would hope Kruger gives him his number. This is different than Versteeg/Roszival since Ladd is the veteran guy here. (And more popular with the fan base)

i wouldn't. while having Ladd back, and it is nice to have him back, he is still a rental.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
He's the worst player on the ice every game. The Blackhawks defense runs two players deep. Crawford has bailed out Seabs all season.

He's on a mission from God:

Chris Hine ‏@ChristopherHine 8h8 hours ago

This was Brent Seabrook's third-best Corsi percentage night (5-on-5) of the season at 69.7.