2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
Kruger might be as well (RFA). He (or Shaw) is probably gone next year. Gonna need a new contract.

and while you are correct, i can see, for salary cap reasons, the decision will be made based on what that player bring to the table and can the hawks find someone or in the minors who can replace him with those intangibles / skills .

but i want a nother SC..... :angry:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
My favorite part of the Ladd deal is that there's a provision in it that if the Hawks win the Cup, the Jets get a 3rd rounder.

Wish other teams in Chicago worked as well as the Hawks.

$$ Bill passed away the rest of the family knew that investment and maybe several yrs of suckage, in order to get the right core, was necessary, regardless of the profit margin.

the sox will not do that.

now i wish the hawks will shopping at Van ..... yanik weber - dman would look great in a hawks jersey.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 07:20 AM)
Kruger might be as well (RFA). He (or Shaw) is probably gone next year. Gonna need a new contract.

Is there any chance that Shaw could be used as part of a package to get a defenseman or will they not damage the chemistry? I just kind of think McNeil could probably do what Shaw does. OTOH, Shaw may be pretty effective on the 3rd line instead of the 1st.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 08:13 AM)
$$ Bill passed away the rest of the family knew that investment and maybe several yrs of suckage, in order to get the right core, was necessary, regardless of the profit margin.

$$ Bill was directly related to the suckage of the blackhawks. thankfully, he croaked right after the Hawks drafted Kane (and a year after Toews), so they were actually able to build around their young superstars.

If he somehow were still alive today, there's no doubt that Kane and Toews would have been on other teams by now and the UC would be silent and home games wouldn't be on tv. It was the perfect storm.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
I could be wrong, but I don't think they are going to take away much of anything from the room. It seems like a pretty tight group. I mentioned TT last night as a possible target, but I think that's a stretch too. Just my opinion, from a financial standpoint trading Shaw could make some sense so I get it. Just don't think it'll happen.

I don't think they subtract from the core unless it gets them a superstar. Considering the math on that sort of a deal, I don't think it is even possible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
I don't think they subtract from the core unless it gets them a superstar. Considering the math on that sort of a deal, I don't think it is even possible.

Absolutely not. The guy you would want to subtract from the core is Hossa, anyway, and if the Blackhawks were to move him, he would likely retire before the end of his contract which would destroy us.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m5 minutes ago

CHI's interest in VAN D Dan Hamhuis has cooled considerably. At THIS moment, CHI focusing more on lower-level depth options on blueline.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago

Could that change? Sure. Door not completely shut, but at this moment in time, that's the CHI outlook, FWIW. #tradecentre #TSN

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
Such a weird trade. The two best teams in the West exchanging old, bad, defensemen.

ref the trade, i am a little confused, but i like it and consider this a win for the hawks. as tony mention, i wonder how much the hawks will retain.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
@ChrisKuc 19m19 minutes ago

Source: #Blackhawks aren't done. They're looking for a winger to play alongside Teuvo Teravainen.

@ChrisKuc 15m15 minutes ago

#Blackhawks like Teuvo Teravainen as a center. He's played well there. A gritty winger with a little scoring pop to play next to him wanted.

I wouldn't mind Kris Versteeg back lol.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
Just get the whole band back together? Haha, I really disliked Versteeg the second time around, but it the cost was minimal this year, I'd roll the dice. The Manshinter/Danault/Sekac role players have left me wanting more.

Ladd/Toews/Hossa

Panarin/Anisimov/Kane

Versteeg/Teuvo/Shaw

Danault/Kruger/Deshardins

Mashinter

Stacked.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
Chip Alexander

‏@ice_chip

Scouts listed for tonight's game: Blackhawks, Canucks.

He is the beat reporter for the Raleigh News. I believe that's 3 games in a row with confirmed scouts at a Canes game.

:)

I like it. I've always been a fan of Versteeg and his inconsistent play. Him, Teuvo, and Shaw on the 3rd line would be fantastic.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
Canadiens acquire Phillip Danault + 2nd round pick in 2018 from the CHI, in return for D.Weise and T.Fleischmann.

That might be the move. Two veteran wings.

Little upset about giving Danault up, but the organization really loves Kruger. And even though Kruger will be a RFA after this year, after being hurt, I don't think he'll get much of a raise.

That said, Hawks are stacked.

Ladd/Toews/Hossa

Panarin/Anisomov/Kane

Weise/Teuvo/Fleischmann

Deshardins/Kruger/Shaw

Mashinter/Rassumensen

Stacked.

Bowman strikes again, getting this team ready for the final weeks and ready to rock ~ n ~ roll in the playoff.

on a side note, i wish he would have been able to get a vet d-man that wouldn't cost more than 1.5 mil or a RFA at the end of the season. but i guess, i would never be content.

saying that, this team really look solid. question, does anyone know of any past yrs, the hawks teams looking this solid from top to bottom, going to the final months ????

now i gots to tempered my enthusiasm.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)
Bowman strikes again, getting this team ready for the final weeks and ready to rock ~ n ~ roll in the playoff.

on a side note, i wish he would have been able to get a vet d-man that wouldn't cost more than 1.5 mil or a RFA at the end of the season. but i guess, i would never be content.

saying that, this team really look solid. question, does anyone know of any past yrs, the hawks teams looking this solid from top to bottom, going to the final months ????

now i gots to tempered my enthusiasm.

Last year the team was stacked.

Weise really turns it on in the playoffs. Can't wait to play the Kings. (If we do of course) He and Lucic do not like each other at all.

Also very classy of Kruger to give Ladd his #16. The people in Chicago with Ladd jerseys are definitely the happiest.