2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 3m3 minutes ago

#Blackhawks acquire F Tim Jackman, a seventh-round pick in the 2017 Draft from ANA in exchange for F Corey Tropp.

i like it, piling up on the 2017 draft picks. i hope at this draft, after they, the hawks takes cares of unfinished business, will pkg some of their picks to more in 2017.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
i like it, piling up on the 2017 draft picks. i hope at this draft, after they, the hawks takes cares of unfinished business, will pkg some of their picks to more in 2017.

I think they got a mandate from above to hold on to their 2017 picks because they are hosting the draft. That was why the Canadiens got 2018 2nd round pick

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 12:44 AM)
I think they got a mandate from above to hold on to their 2017 picks because they are hosting the draft. That was why the Canadiens got 2018 2nd round pick

thanks for that heads up, but you are right. that is why i am hoping that the extra picks the hawks have can be pkg for an additional pick in 2017.

this is what i may want to come in for. the draft ..... i was at the nhl all star, white sox held the all star. yeah i hope i can make arrangement to make in... but first the playoff.

this just dawn on me, we got Tim Jackman. i always liked him. he has this never say die or never back down kind of a player. he was like behn wilson who players kept on hitting and it never faze him, ....

i like the move.

for my own personal opinion of bowman, i gots to give him many kudos for getting this team ready.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
this just dawn on me, we got Tim Jackman. i always liked him. he has this never say die or never back down kind of a player. he was like behn wilson who players kept on hitting and it never faze him, ....

i like the move.

for my own personal opinion of bowman, i gots to give him many kudos for getting this team ready.

It is for Rockford, not Chicago.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
And he's not even going to Rockford, he's staying in San Diego. I think he was on veteran AHL deal where an NHL has his player rights, but the AHL team controls his services in that league, sort of similar to what the Wolves do.

Good. He's terrible.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 02:45 AM)
It was a total depth move, he's like the 11th Dman on the depth chart.

And I'm fairly convinced LDF is thinking of Barret Jackman.

damn, :angry:

you are right. crap.

i am wrong. my enthusiasm got the best of me and i really hate being wrong. but ......

many thanks.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
damn, :angry:

you are right. crap.

i am wrong. my enthusiasm got the best of me and i really hate being wrong. but ......

many thanks.

Enthusiasm for Barret Jackman? The thought of him on the Hawks makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. No thanks.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
Seriously, that is honestly one player that if the Hawks ever acquired him, I'd have a real hard time getting behind them. I'd obviously get over it, but it would be a real tough pill to swallow. I don't think there is another player in the league I can say that about.

Carbomb seemed to generate that sentiment here when he came to chicago

Seriously, that is honestly one player that if the Hawks ever acquired him, I'd have a real hard time getting behind them. I'd obviously get over it, but it would be a real tough pill to swallow. I don't think there is another player in the league I can say that about.

Especially with Dino retired.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 02:18 AM)
Enthusiasm for Barret Jackman? The thought of him on the Hawks makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. No thanks.

well, i will respect yours and many others opinion on him. i like him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 08:30 PM)
Carbomb seemed to generate that sentiment here when he came to chicago

That was gonna be my response. Everytime Q would put him back in the lineup, it would just grind my gears. IMO he provided nothing to the table hockey skill-wise. At least John Scott was entertaining at times.

I remember being at a game where Carcillo scored a last minute game winner and I was just like, "Good job, you son of a b****".

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
That was gonna be my response. Everytime Q would put him back in the lineup, it would just grind my gears. IMO he provided nothing to the table hockey skill-wise. At least John Scott was entertaining at times.

I remember being at a game where Carcillo scored a last minute game winner and I was just like, "Good job, you son of a b****".

He was twice the hockey player Bollig was... or Mashinter currently. But yea guys like Jackman, Torres, Cooke, etc. can stay far away from the Indian head.

Yeah Raffi Torres would be great

interesting article on the trade activity.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thou...trade-deadline/

6. After the Flames and Stars shook hands, signed papers and kissed babies, Nill and Chicago compatriot Stan Bowman went back to Benning. My guess is the Dallas offer was something like a third-round pick. The Canucks GM knew that wouldn’t fly, and invoked the Brian Burke/Mike Cammalleri rule of, “I’m not trading a good player for nothing, because then other teams will think they can do that forever.” The Blackhawks’ package was more complex. It involved unwanted contracts like Bryan Bickell and Chris Higgins. Remember when Toronto and Vancouver tried to make a Robert Luongo trade tight to the end? It didn’t work because things were too complex. Same here. Chicago wanted Hamhuis, too.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
While the playoffs are obviously on everyones mind, I'm getting pumped for the World Cup of Hockey. I love having Team USA and Team Canada, along with a U23 Team North America as well. Should be some really fun hockey.

That Swedish blue line is rock solid. And how could the Czechs not add Jagr to the roster?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 06:31 PM)
Maybe he needs time off to spend with the grandkids.

Jagr? Grandkids? Ha. Even at his age, he might be hockey's most eligible bachelor. Sleeps with models and then laughs off their blackmail attempts.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 07:05 PM)
U.S. Hockey Hall of Famer and #1 color commentator in the NHL Eddie Olczyk just said Brent Seabrook is having his best season as an NHL'er this year on the NBCSN broadcast. #JustSayin

Best offensive season? Sure. If he wants to keep this up and score two goals every playoff series, I will happily overlook his defensive struggles.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
He just said best overall season.

I was just trolling too, busting Austin's balls at little bit. We've all noticed a dip in his defensive play as well, but going as far to saying he is a huge problem and it's a terrible contract is a total stretch. I think something that can be also overlooked in the lack of scoring they had early in the season, with this team really being a one-line team. Who's to say Q didn't ask Seabrook to focus a little bit more on the offensive side of things to make up for their lack of scoring? I'm not saying that's 100% the case, I just think there is more to examine.

While I still dislike the long-term extension, he has still earned the benefit of the doubt for at least one playoff season, he has shown that he can step it up when needed, so hope he can do it again. To go along with your point, the #4, 5, and 6 D-men have just been an interchanging mess all season, I'm sure that hasn't helped him either.