2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 06:30 AM)
Anything to get Desjardins off that line is a win.

Here is an example of a bandwagoner who was a great "get" for the city of Chicago. SoxAce knew nothing about hockey, admitted it, and then learned so much that his knowledge of the NHL easily eclipses mine as we type here today. He's a baller.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
You mean like what you're doing?

Tell me, who was your favorite pre-2007-2008 Chicago Blackhawk and what was your favorite moment involving him?

Eddie Belfour was my guy. I was so destroyed when he got traded, and so did JR.

Outside of the Hawks, I was a total Pavel Bure guy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 03:27 PM)
Here is an example of a bandwagoner who was a great "get" for the city of Chicago. SoxAce knew nothing about hockey, admitted it, and then learned so much that his knowledge of the NHL easily eclipses mine as we type here today. He's a baller.

Never claimed I was a master of any sort. Tell me something. Go back to 2010 when the Hawks won the first cup on the NHL thread. Who was the poster who cited you, Tony, Krush, DBAH0, etc. who were the die hard fans? Yea it was me. Your other post was spot on before you put this crap up, but I did watch it a bit in the 90s when Amonte was around. Just didn't like it enough to follow it.

Ah crap misread Steve post. :lol: My bad bro. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
Never claimed I was a master of any sort. Tell me something. Go back to 2010 when the Hawks won the first cup on the NHL thread. Who was the poster who cited you, Tony, Krush, DBAH0, etc. who were the die hard fans? Yea it was me. Your other post was spot on before you put this crap up, but I did watch it a bit in the 90s when Amonte was around. Just didn't like it enough to follow it.

I think you misread my post. I was complimenting you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
Remember when Ruutu was going to save the Hawks? Ha.

He was a nice kid. He and Seabrook were the two who would hang out with us lowly interns back in the day haha. He just couldn't stay healthy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
It's amazing. I just find it comical that someone in this thread considers himself a non-bandwagoner when there's no evidence to support that.

I remember when Ruutu was going to bring back the cup. Zhamnov too. Or when the Bulin wall was going to make us awesome (post 1st lockout). Yep...diehard fan4life ;)

Note: I'm referring about myself. I enjoy watching the Hawks and cheer for them and while I wouldn't call myself a bandwagon fan, I'm more of a, don't have enough time for hockey, but in the post-season, I'll watch and cheer my favorite team, but I also won't pretend to know / be able to talk up the game like others (but than I talk to people who are "diehard" and I realize, s***, I know more about hockey than them and I don't even follow the sport, especially not in the regular season, outside of checking scores). I can't stand watching a regular season hockey game..just so diluted.

I suppose the same, in many regards could be said about the NBA regular season, but I prefer NBA to NHL in general. In NBA and NHL, playoff product is just so much better and I feel that degree of difference is lesser in the two other major sports.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
He was a nice kid. He and Seabrook were the two who would hang out with us lowly interns back in the day haha. He just couldn't stay healthy.

He was fun to watch when he was on the ice, but you are right, he just couldn't stay on the ice.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)
9.25 over 3 years. It's a tad high for me, especially him missing most of the season.

Aside from that, he's a 4th line player who only kills penalties. I think this definitely means goodbye to Shaw and maybe even Kane, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson or Hossa

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
I'm sorry?

One of those 4 will have to go, and I'm not entirely sure anyone wants Hossa, which leaves the other 3. I don't believe Bowman's thrilled with Kane's continuous off ice issues. Seabrook likely wouldn't be the one with his new huge extension. That leaves Hjalmarsson. Toews is untouchable and Anisimov's situation is similar to Seabrook's. Panarin's about to get 4-5/year too, as Bowman has already said his extension is his #1 priority in the offseason. Oh, and the cap is rumored to drop by around 4 million

Any ideas from you guys?

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:46 PM)
One of those 4 will have to go, and I'm not entirely sure anyone wants Hossa, which leaves the other 3. I don't believe Bowman's thrilled with Kane's continuous off ice issues. Seabrook likely wouldn't be the one with his new huge extension. That leaves Hjalmarsson. Toews is untouchable and Anisimov's situation is similar to Seabrook's. Panarin's about to get 4-5/year too, as Bowman has already said his extension is his #1 priority in the offseason. Oh, and the cap is rumored to drop by around 4 million

Any ideas from you guys?

Yeah right. You dont trade the MVP because a girl wrongfully accused him of something this offseason. He's untouchable

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)
Yeah right. You dont trade the MVP because a girl wrongfully accused him of something this offseason. He's untouchable

Based on his history, he does all the touching.

That Seabrook contract is awful. Also, if the Blackhawks trade Hossa, I feel he's more likely to retire early, where his cap hit is diverted to Chicago regardless of his final location.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
So you jumped from a 4th line center in Kruger getting 3 million a season to the league MVP having to be moved because of it? For real? You realize how insane that sounds?Your basically implying Bowman just chose Kruger over Kane.

No, I'm not implying that. Don't exaggerate just to help prove your side of the argument. I'm implying that paying a 4th line C that much money means the end of one of the core guys. That's all

1. While no one knows what the cap will be next year, or the following few, the front office has a better idea of it than any of us do.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, and multiple reports say the cap is going down.

2. Shaw is almost 100% gone after this year, I will say with this Kruger deal you can safely draw that conclusion.

I said that in my original post.

3. With one year left on the Bickell deal, I do think he can be moved on draft day. You add a mid-level draft pick to the trade for a team looking to get to the cap floor and I think they can get out from under that deal.

Nobody wants Bickell. Even if they deal him, they probably have to still eat half of his deal.

4. Where Stan is going to have to really earn his contract is on the Panarin extension. You have to pray Panarin is very comfortable here and understands the chemistry he has with Kane and Anisimov and they he can take a team friendly bridge deal that will still make him a UFA at around age 28.

I believe I read Panarin's been all over the world essentially since he was 10 playing hockey, so unless he likes another city more or is the stereotypical Russian and wants loads of money, he will stay. Hopefully it's a decent deal because I'm not paying him more than 5.5 for just one good year.

Kruger signed a team friendly bridge deal and trusted the Hawks. This was all part of the plan.

Panarin doesn't become an RFA until next year so we don't have to worry about that money yet. Plus his cap hit is less than 900k

Hawks still project to have 6 mil in cap space next season

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 06:24 PM)
Hawks have to wait to see what the Panarin bonuses will look like based on where he finishes in points. It could be as much as 2 million plus, and right now he is line to hit them.

2.575 I believe.

i am coming late to the party.

i just saw the snippet of kuger extension. i really think this is an over pay, right along the lines of an over pay to seabs. 3.0 + mil for a 4th line center???

i mean for those who are wearing the blackhawk sunglasses, look at the ### 3.0. for a 4th liner. its like saying masher deserves 2.0 mil for what he does.

don't get me wrong, i an a fan of kuger but ......

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
Aside from that, he's a 4th line player who only kills penalties. I think this definitely means goodbye to Shaw and maybe even Kane, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson or Hossa

Dear lord.. :lol: