6/28 at Detroit Tigers

flavum

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Would someone please report back on what Ventura says at post game press conference. Baseball package does not get that stuff.

"Well we worked on those things....I thought he had good stuff still......tough loss.....yea I didn't want to take out Putnam because he was pitching so well.....tough loss"

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for the myth Putnam is some elite reliever. As far as the game, LOL.

Sox are so bad Detroit lays dormant down 4-0 and simply scores five in the last two innings to put away the Central Division patsy team. If the Sox were down 4-0 late, what would be the odds of winning. 99-1? Horrid season. Sox ruined our summers again.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
Rongey back on his managers do not matter schtick. We should test his theory by changing White Sox radio hosts

If only 5 managers are better than the other 25, then that's a pretty bad sign for MLB. If a manager is just interchangeable, then after 3 years you should be trying to find a better mind and motivator.

this is starting to, for me, is the reason why RV needs to go.

why wasn't the pen being active at the 6 inning or the start of the 7.

take out Jeff earlier. who is the manager, who cares if Jeff didn't want to come out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
At least they won't have any false beliefs this team can turn it around this year. They are going to end up 20 games behind the Royals.

More than 20. This team will lose more than 99 games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
It took some real skill, some real determination to lose this ballgame. You have to be impressed by this one. They stared a win straight in the face and said "We will NOT."

Sox down 4-0 in 8th no shot of winning ever.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
It took some real skill, some real determination to lose this ballgame. You have to be impressed by this one. They stared a win straight in the face and said "We will NOT."

Great post. Love it.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
This bullpen is a f***ing joke. Even if RV pulled the Shark, we probably still lose.

I think you're right. Miggy would have stroked one off the wall.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
If only 5 managers are better than the other 25, then that's a pretty bad sign for MLB. If a manager is just interchangeable, then after 3 years you should be trying to find a better mind and motivator.

f*** Rongey I hate that puppet SOB! Water is not wet according to him.

Edited by Soxfest

That win might again wake up the Tigers. Just as the Sox wake up the Indians and Twins. What a disgusting baseball team. How could anybody in their right mind pay to go to a Sox game the rest of the season? I'd puke handing over the money for parking or a 10 dollar burger at this point.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Fire Hawk as well. Everything about this franchise is staler than the hot dog buns they server in the upper deck.

I can't wait to see how many season tickets they lose after this season. They deserve every bit of what's coming to them.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
That win might again wake up the Tigers. Just as the Sox wake up the Indians and Twins. What a disgusting baseball team. How could anybody in their right mind pay to go to a Sox game the rest of the season? I'd puke handing over the money for parking or a 10 dollar burger at this point.

Nobody should and after July 4th weekend nobody will.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 04:18 PM)

Hey, going out to a baseball game is still a fun day. You just have to go expecting that the team will lose and not be mad if they do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
Hey, going out to a baseball game is still a fun day. You just have to go expecting that the team will lose and not be mad if they do.

I would still go to their games

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)

It was a sad display. I was following it the best I could via Gameday and the Shark was dealing. But, all of sudden there in the 8th he put the first two runners on and I was thinking we were going to lose it. It might have been a proper call to take him out, but I know he had been dominant up to that point so those decisions are tough ones.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
It was a sad display. I was following it the best I could via Gameday and the Shark was dealing. But, all of sudden there in the 8th he put the first two runners on and I was thinking we were going to lose it. It might have been a proper call to take him out, but I know he had been dominant up to that point so those decisions are tough ones.

From watching the game it turned so quickly that I don't think they had anyone ready to come in until after Miggy's at bat. That's a comment on both the preparation of the coaching staff and just the reality of how it went.

He was pitching to VMart with 108 pitches and it would have been a really good place to bring in Petricka to try to get the GIDP.