Thread from 2015: White Sox sign Carson Fulmer

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
Er, strike that.

Fulmer just said he'll be reporting to Arizona on the 10th. Weird.

Rodon did the same thing. They go there for evaluation and to fix any minor adjustments the coaches see. Fulmer should be in Kanny soon.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Did he throw a strike?

Yes. If the first pitches weren't televised it was actually pretty funny. At the game they gave out foam shark hats/fins as a part of a promo by Discovery Channel for Shark Week. So they actually had 3 different first pitches. They had a dude in a shark costume throw out the first one, and he was high and outside to Samardjiza (shark to shark). The second first pitch was thrown out by Chicago native Tony Allen (the basketball player). He bounced one 10 feet in front of home plate. So a guy in a shark suit threw a better first pitch, then an NBA player.

Fulmer was right on the money.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
FutureSox.com ‏@FutureSox 22m22 minutes ago

RHP Carson Fulmer, #WhiteSox 1st round pick, officially assigned to AZL White Sox per @MiLB transactions page. Pro debut should be soon.

My condolences to those poor kids

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
i am looking at fulmer and i am wondering if they the sox fo, will use Rodon schedule as a timeline for his progress???

If they think he is major league ready, I wouldn't be shocked to see him relieve here if we get into the race.

The Sox have depth in the pen now and for 2016 so theres zero point in bringing up Fulmer this year and maybe even next. If the Sox really believe Fulmer will be a starter then keep him in the minors to get used to pitching in a five man rotation. If at some point during the 2016 season Fulmer shows he is ready then call him up. Otherwise let him get used to starting every fifth game and build up his innings. Fulmer should not be called up until he's ready, period.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
The Sox have depth in the pen now and for 2016 so theres zero point in bringing up Fulmer this year and maybe even next. If the Sox really believe Fulmer will be a starter then keep him in the minors to get used to pitching in a five man rotation. If at some point during the 2016 season Fulmer shows he is ready then call him up. Otherwise let him get used to starting every fifth game and build up his innings. Fulmer should not be called up until he's ready, period.

i agree. only the sox FO will know what to do.

this yr, Rodon was rush b/c of Sale injury and Hector totally falling apart. otherwise i think Rodon would still be in the minors, at least after the ASG.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
i agree. only the sox FO will know what to do.

this yr, Rodon was rush b/c of Sale injury and Hector totally falling apart. otherwise i think Rodon would still be in the minors, at least after the ASG.

I think they were planning to call him up regardless of how the season started. They waited until they got the extra year before he hit FA and then called him up almost immediately. They'd even skipped a Noesi start before then IIRC, so Noesi didn't really have much time to be terrible.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
I think they were planning to call him up regardless of how the season started. They waited until they got the extra year before he hit FA and then called him up almost immediately. They'd even skipped a Noesi start before then IIRC, so Noesi didn't really have much time to be terrible.

you may very well be right. i just don't know.

thanks

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)

There are advantages to bringing him up this year if they think he is ready.

1. Get him used to the mlb coaches.

2. Get him used to the routine.

3. Expose him to mlb hitters to start the learning process.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
There are advantages to bringing him up this year if they think he is ready.

1. Get him used to the mlb coaches.

2. Get him used to the routine.

3. Expose him to mlb hitters to start the learning process.

No need to start the clock on him this year, give me the extra year of control everytime

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
No need to start the clock on him this year, give me the extra year of control everytime

Not at the expense for learning. Look at it this way. The sox may have one less year of control but they get one more year of an effective pitcher in the mlb.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
Not at the expense for learning. Look at it this way. The sox may have one less year of control but they get one more year of an effective pitcher in the mlb.

i just don't know... the reasoning used on both side are valid. for me damn if you do damn if you don't..

i guess i an with those who says, no need to rush him. if he shows he has the chops to start right away in the majors, then do it. if not, let him fully develop and / or get stronger in the minors.

• Quin changed the title to Thread from 2015: White Sox sign Carson Fulmer