Cooper Slaming the phone to the bull pen

harkness99

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
Did you guys catch that?

I'm reading that as he didn't agree with leaving Sale in that long.

I immediately thought of Robert DeNiro when I saw it, probably just as pissed too

But Really it could have been that, or maybe they weren't warmed up soon enough for his liking

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
I immediately thought of Robert DeNiro when I saw it, probably just as pissed too

But Really it could have been that, or maybe they weren't warmed up soon enough for his liking

would cooper have told the other coaches to warm someone up??? i don't know how that works.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
Did you guys catch that?

I am reading that as he was pissed off at giving up a two run homer in a 2 run game to put it out of reach. Cooper is the one who makes the pitch decisions anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 11:45 PM)
I am reading that as he was pissed off at giving up a two run homer in a 2 run game to put it out of reach. Cooper is the one who makes the pitch decisions anyway.

i didn't pay attention to the game and i really didn't know.

many thanks.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Did you guys catch that?

Sale being on the mound in the 6th inning and having given up just 2 runs at that point most likely wasn't the reason Cooper was mad.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 05:47 PM)
Sale being on the mound in the 6th inning and having given up just 2 runs at that point most likely wasn't the reason Cooper was mad.

for me, i sure would have love to be a fly on the wall there.

1. who was he talking to

2. what was the discussion about.

we will never know. oh well.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
Didn't see it...at what point did it happen.

Analyzing the play by play, and knowing Coo makes pitching decisions I can't see how you can pin this on Robin. Which is clearly what you'you're trying to do.

Sale in a 2-0 game in the 7th, after an 8 day rest,,with a taxed bullpen, right around 100 pitches. How can it be anything but Robin is the biggest idiot? The more opinions I Read, the more I understand why innocent people take plea deals.

Edited by Dick Allen

Pinning is dumb. Blaming is futile. It's like the President. You might not have voted for him and you might not like him, but you sure as hell are gonna have his back unless you're a coward. He's the President. Dissention is for the weak, for the media.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
Pinning is dumb. Blaming is futile. It's like the President. You might not have voted for him and you might not like him, but you sure as hell are gonna have his back unless you're a coward. He's the President. Dissention is for the weak, for the media.

Is this coming from you or Donald Trump?

We might as well blame fate for schedule makers conspiring to have Sale meet the Royals st this place and time...they're like kryptonite to him. The irony is that with Hosmer, Gordon, Moustakas, it's not like they're set up extremely well to beat him. But they make contact.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
Sale in a 2-0 game in the 7th, after an 8 day rest,,with a taxed bullpen, right around 100 pitches. How can it be anything but Robin is the biggest idiot? The more opinions I Read, the more I understand why innocent people take plea deals.

Your going to have to give me some links where its stated that Cooper "makes pitching decisions" as in when to take the pitchers out... I've read that 3 times in this thread and have never in my life heard that.

I think Coopers has a lot of input but when it comes to "the Hook" that's Ventura all the way. I read something about how Robin lead the league in "Slow Hooks" last year which is understandable since the bullpen was horrid.

(this is from Bill James) it didn't say Cooper led the league in slow hooks...

Not everything is Robin's Fault but your relentless defense of him in all things is pretty strange.

Robin is one part of the problem but not the entire problem - but he is indeed part of it.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
Is this coming from you or Donald Trump?

We might as well blame fate for schedule makers conspiring to have Sale meet the Royals st this place and time...they're like kryptonite to him. The irony is that with Hosmer, Gordon, Moustakas, it's not like they're set up extremely well to beat him. But they make contact.

All I'm saying is that the players seem to really like playing for our manager and FO. The media tries to cause dissention among the family and people latch on to that propoganda without a second thought. Cooper slammed a phone-> Cooper hates Robin-> clean house! Ludicrous.

Flowers sucks. That is fact. The rest I dunno.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
All I'm saying is that the players seem to really like playing for our manager and FO. The media tries to cause dissention among the family and people latch on to that propoganda without a second thought. Cooper slammed a phone-> Cooper hates Robin-> clean house! Ludicrous.

Flowers sucks. That is fact. The rest I dunno.

People have been saying clean house for months...no one is saying Cooper hats Robin.

But cracks might be forming... which commonly happens when you lose.

None of this is new.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 06:55 PM)
Your going to have to give me some links where its stated that Cooper "makes pitching decisions" as in when to take the pitchers out... I've read that 3 times in this thread and have never in my life heard that.

I think Coopers has a lot of input but when it comes to "the Hook" that's Ventura all the way. I read something about how Robin lead the league in "Slow Hooks" last year which is understandable since the bullpen was horrid.

(this is from Bill James) it didn't say Cooper led the league in slow hooks...

Not everything is Robin's Fault but your relentless defense of him in all things is pretty strange.

Robin is one part of the problem but not the entire problem - but he is indeed part of it.

Strange? Cooper slams the phone after his ace gives up a 2 run homer and you are the one who comes to the conclusion he wanted him yanked. Yeah Don Cooper, the guy who said anyone who mentions pitch counts are idiots wanted Sale yanked in the 7th inning of a 2-0 game. Get a clue.