Official Buyers Thread

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
plus some really talented young 19-21 yr old prospects developing.

Exactly, Sox have the pitching prospects that teams could be looking for and they have enough guys that are/could be close in case of injury (Beck, Jaye, Drabek).

Would you guys do Avi, Montas, Anderson, and Erik Johnson for Ross and Upton?

I think I would.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:02 AM)
I think the Sox are really chasing TOR and BALT. The Twins are going to fade. Their youngsters won't handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if HOU fades as well.

On ESPN Stark says teams say the White Sox have been tellimg teams they won't trade Shark if it makes them weaker this season.

I agree about Minnie. They could have a final two months like the Sox first two months. They blow.

Is there any chance were looking at Jose Reyes? I'd love a corner outfield power hitter, but we are in desperate need of an upgrade at short. Alexei is a black hole. Now slashing .228/.255/.305.

Offense could really benefit from brining in some new life with a guy like Reyes.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
Is there any chance were looking at Jose Reyes? I'd love a corner outfield power hitter, but we are in desperate need of an upgrade at short. Alexei is a black hole. Now slashing .228/.255/.305.

Offense could really benefit from brining in some new life with a guy like Reyes.

Not only no but hell no! He's like 2nd worst in SS runs saved.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
Not only no but hell no! He's like 2nd worst in SS runs saved.

We either take it on the jaw on the offensive side or defensive side. I'm guessing Alexei has been the least productive at his position this year offensively in the league, tho I don't have the stats on hand, so somebody tell me I'm wrong.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
Not for $22 million a year...forget that.

Alexei's been fine since the Cubs' series before the All-Star Break, more or less.

I forgot to mention my scenario had Colorado taking on some

Of that scratch.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
I forgot to mention my scenario had Colorado taking on some

Of that scratch.

My guess is if the White Sox were interested in Reyes, a 3-way deal would have occurred. Should have been a lot of talk between the Jays and Sox recently.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Exactly, Sox have the pitching prospects that teams could be looking for and they have enough guys that are/could be close in case of injury (Beck, Jaye, Drabek).

Would you guys do Avi, Montas, Anderson, and Erik Johnson for Ross and Upton?

I think I would.

Oh come on. A top 25 prospect, another top 100, our starting RF and a ML ready starter?....for good pitcher and rent of a good (not great) hitter?

Upton has a .759 OPS and is a rent.

Ross would be a good pitcher for us, but we don't need a pitcher right now. His hype exceeds his results.

Neither Cueto and Tulo required a single top 50 prospect. Yet, somehow, we should pay far more for inferior players.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:42 PM)
Oh come on. A top 25 prospect, another top 100, our starting RF and a ML ready starter?....for good pitcher and rent of a good (not great) hitter?

Ross would be a good pitcher for us, but we don't need a pitcher right now. His hype exceeds his results.

Neither Cueto and Tulo required a single top 50 prospect. Yet, somehow, we should pay far more for inferior players.

My train of thought as well. I could see Avi, Montas, EJ, and maybe someone like Jaye.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)

Hoffman would have been selected 3rd if not for the TJ surgery.

He's a top 25-30 talent, with the ability to be a frontline ace.

Even though Tim Anderson's 48th and Montas is 63rd, there might not be more than a handful of GM's in the game who wouldn't choose Hoffman over both those two.

Fulmer vs. Hoffman is a much more interesting conversation, though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Hoffman would have been selected 3rd if not for the TJ surgery.

He's a top 25-30 talent, with the ability to be a frontline ace.

Even though Tim Anderson's 48th and Montas is 63rd, there might not be more than a handful of GM's in the game who wouldn't choose Hoffman over both those two.

Fulmer vs. Hoffman is a much more interesting conversation, though.

You are way over-rating Hoffman. A ton of GMs would choose Anderson over Hoffman. Yea, some GMs might have picked him 3rd (cough - KW -cough) because he throws hard, but his fastball needs movement.

He has a long way to go before showing he's a front-line ace. He didn't have ace-like numbers in A ball.

Regardless, 1/2 a year of Tulo, not to mention the 4 years they get, is far more valuable than 1/2 a year of Justin Upton.

People want one of these Cargos or Jay Bruce? Erik Johnson and Montas. Move on.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
You are way over-rating Hoffman. A ton of GMs would choose Anderson over Hoffman. Yea, some GMs might have picked him 3rd (cough - KW -cough) because he throws hard, but his fastball needs movement.

He has a long way to go before showing he's a front-line ace. He didn't have ace-like numbers in A ball.

Regardless, 1/2 a year of Tulo, not to mention the 4 years they get, is far more valuable than 1/2 a year of Justin Upton.

People want one of these Cargos or Jay Bruce? Erik Johnson and Montas. Move on.

You're saying we'd have to give up Johnson and Montas for Bruce or Cargo? Pass.

I know everybody is talking about adding another bat but one quick fix would be bring up Erik Johnson up and putting Danks in the pen. Danks will probably not average a 4.50 ERA the rest of the way. Lets see if Johnson can give us something better out of the 5th slot.

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:40 AM)
I know everybody is talking about adding another bat but one quick fix would be bring up Erik Johnson up and putting Danks in the pen. Danks will probably not average a 4.50 ERA the rest of the way. Lets see if Johnson can give us something better out of the 5th slot.

If you are going to put Danks in the pen, just send him down instead to continue to work on starting as he recovers fully from that surgery. Danks in the bullpen to me is a dumb idea and the bullpen doesn't need him. It has two lefties. DFA him and eat the money or send him down in your scenario of Erik taking the No. 5 spot. I assume nobody will take him in a minor trade cause of $$$ and Sox won't send money with him.

Edited by greg775

I wouldn't mind Cashner either.

Avi, Anderson, Montas, Danish, Adams, and someone else for Upton, Ross, and Cashner.

Everyone makes fun of Kenny and blames him for the state of the franchise....and now all of a sudden you are proposing clearing out the entire f***ing minor league system for a rental and a couple of arms we dont need?

Unreal. Nintendo trades and hypocrisy.