Quietest rumor mill you can remember?

Buehrle>Wood

It has been quieter ever since Ozzie went away. The Guillen family had extremely loose lips. The perception is Robin doesn't and I think Hahn and Kenny work hard to keep things tight. I also think we probably just got into the buyer's market so probably aren't as far along as other teams.

Like I said yesterday the year we acquired Peavy we didnt hear anything the entire week. Then bam right before the deadline we had him. Kenny even said probably nothing will happen.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
Is this the quietest the rumor mill involving the Sox you can ever remember, buying or selling? Certainly is more me

We haven't been linked to one player and were just 27 hours away from the deadline. Incredible.

Maybe in 05' when the only move we made was adding Geoff Blum. Either were working on something big, or not going to make a significant move. Reports of a rift in the FO makes me worry we don't know what direction to go at the deadline and that's why we're so quiet.

I think some has to do with lately this regime has had less rumors floating around, but I also think that the notion that the Sox went from Sellers, or at least Stay-Putters, to Buyers in about a week has something to do with it.

A lot of rumors of conversations, etc., are floated by front offices to put other teams on alert, etc... basically tactics. Sox are so late to those party and probably internally and externally weren't going to be buyers, so no time for kicking tires etc., if they buy, they're diving in pretty quickly.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
Is this the quietest the rumor mill involving the Sox you can ever remember, buying or selling? Certainly is more me

We haven't been linked to one player and were just 27 hours away from the deadline. Incredible.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
It has been quieter ever since Ozzie went away. The Guillen family had extremely loose lips. The perception is Robin doesn't and I think Hahn and Kenny work hard to keep things tight. I also think we probably just got into the buyer's market so probably aren't as far along as other teams.

Exactly this.

What do we need? Another starter? I could see Danks being used as trade bait but he most likely wouldn't bring back much. He has done a decent job for us but that salary would be a drag. We would be sitting real strong with who we have if Avisail would pick it up.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
You never know, the wrong guy gets injured tonight, and the Sox could be selling tomorrow.

I feel that the superstitious part of me should delete this post.