8/2 vs NY Yankees

flavum

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 08:47 PM)
They're not going to give up on Avi yet and we all know that.

What they're going to do in the IF I have no idea. But since I think them picking up Alexei's option is a terrible idea, that's my best guess.

I said this the other day, but the fact they were looking so hard at a corner outfielder, I think they could easily give up on Avi if he continues to be the worst offensive starter in baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
They're not going to give up on Avi yet and we all know that.

What they're going to do in the IF I have no idea. But since I think them picking up Alexei's option is a terrible idea, that's my best guess.

Those options aren't meant to be taken. They'd be overpaying.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Thanks front office for thinking we could contend and keeping shark and then not adding anything to help the roster

Clearly this FO isn't interested in winning they way we're supposed to. I'm tired of Kenny Williams. His comments make it clear he's still in charge and he needs to go.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
Clearly this FO isn't interested in winning they way we're supposed to. I'm tired of Kenny Williams. His comments make it clear he's still in charge and he needs to go.

Stop blaming KW. At least he was able to put together a winning team once. Rick Hahn has been pretty awful at his job. Great guy, great speaker, awful GM.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Stop blaming KW. At least he was able to put together a winning team once. Rick Hahn has been pretty awful at his job. Great guy, great speaker, awful GM.

Rick's the one who went out there on Friday and said "If we keep playing like this we'll be right there at the end".

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)

You realize after that season, he all but destroyed the franchise? There are no honorary titles given to World Series winning GMs if they follow it up with seasons of suck fest. Every move for ten years has been driving further into the ground.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
You realize after that season, he all but destroyed the franchise? There are no honorary titles given to World Series winning GMs if they follow it up with seasons of suck fest. Every move for ten years has been driving further into the ground.

They both should be fired after this season, but I don't get why some act like Hahn is this incredible GM ready to be unleashed as soon as KW is gone.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
Rick's the one who went out there on Friday and said "If we keep playing like this we'll be right there at the end".

On more than one occasion in the last couple of months, it has been made abundantly clear that Ken Williams is running the White Sox baseball operations. .

I don't want Rick Hahn to have to go to Kenny for permission. You shouldn't either. Ken Williams is a disaster as a baseball GM. He caught lightning in a bottle for one season and has sucked ever since.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
They both should be fired after this season, but I don't get why some act like Hahn is this incredible GM ready to be unleashed as soon as KW is gone.

It's really hard to tell. The only thing we know Hahn does is get contracts signed.

Chris Sale's contract is a masterpiece. It's the best non-rookie contract in baseball by a TON.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
It's really hard to tell. The only thing we know Hahn does is get contracts signed.

Chris Sale's contract is a masterpiece. It's the best non-rookie contract in baseball by a TON.

Jose Quintana's contract actually kinda disagrees.