8.3 Rays @ White Sox 7:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
We haven't been the luckiest organization the past few years. I don't think he is injury prone but it figures our hardest swinging guy fouls a ball off his leg

Are you kidding? This year the guys we've had on the DL are Bonifacio, Shuck, and Albers. Our record of health this year is ridiculously good. We've basically lost 0 of our key contributors for more than a couple games at a time. Compare that to the Cardinals where they've lost their #1 starter and their top offensive contributor has been on the DL twice - where would we be with that?

If we have a normal number of injuries next eyar people will be calling us "snakebit" because we'll seem so much more banged up than this season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
Are you kidding? This year the guys we've had on the DL are Bonifacio, Shuck, and Albers. Our record of health this year is ridiculously good. We've basically lost 0 of our key contributors for more than a couple games at a time. Compare that to the Cardinals where they've lost their #1 starter and their top offensive contributor has been on the DL twice - where would we be with that?

Not specifically to injuries -- just in general. We've gotten lucky with pitchers but nothing else it seems. Any FA we sign to come here just comes here to die (Melky's resurgence not included), guys getting key hits against us and us seeming to fail late, bullpen's blowing leads. Just look at Jose Quintana and his no decisions as a story of this team for the past 6-7 years

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
Not specifically to injuries -- just in general. We've gotten lucky with pitchers but nothing else it seems. Any FA we sign to come here just comes here to die (Melky's resurgence not included), guys getting key hits against us and us seeming to fail late, bullpen's blowing leads. Just look at Jose Quintana and his no decisions as a story of this team for the past 6-7 years

I'll grant you that - but remember, we have been exceptionally lucky this year with regards to health. Like ridiculously, unfairly lucky. Like "you 100% must assume you'll be more banged up next year" lucky.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 3, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
Or don't listen to me. F off Robin you idiot

Yes. I was saying the same thing. Our manager is dumb. That would have been an inning ending double play right there. I know I know "it's not Robins fault" .