8/4 - Rays at White Sox

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
I think the issue is sale has so much talent but still has some issues between the ears. There's a lot of times when he's pitching and something bad happens in the game against the sox and tries to do to much after that instead of just going at a steady pace.

This.

Normal Chris Sale = Effective

Pissed/Angry Chris Sale = What we saw today/against Boston.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
Football starts this weekend...I'll have to save up my anger and misery for the Bears

Did you see USA Today they projected season Bears 3-13 worst in football? Kick in the nuts they said Packers over Colts in Super Bowl. If that happens a lot of Bear fans will be on suicide watch lol.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Did you see USA Today they projected season Bears 3-13 worst in football? Kick in the nuts they said packers over colts in Super Bowl. If that happens a lot of Bear fans will be on suicide watch lol.

They arent going 3-13. That's a s*** projection. They have more talent on offense than quite a few other teams. Your not going to convince me the Jaguars and Bucs are suddenly going to jump ahead of them with major talent problems.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
We'll never know, but without getting to 49-50, I'd be interested to know who wouldn't be on this team right now, if anyone.

Robin Ventura's managerial career is over in two months.

I'll believe it when I see it.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)
They arent going 3-13. That's a s*** projection. They have more talent on offense than quite a few other teams. Your not going to convince me the Jaguars and Bucs are suddenly going to jump ahead of them with major talent problems.

I say 5 wins but thought I would pass that along.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
My "wasted time when I should have been working" stat of the week.

Since Cooper became the White Sox pitching coach, the White Sox's team ERA has been worse in the 2nd half than in the 1st half 9 of 12 times.

2 of those remaining years their team ERA got better by less than 0.1 run.

Only 1 season out of 12 did the White Sox's team ERA get noticeably better in the 2nd half.

I only did a mental average but usually our team ERA goes up by ~0.3-0.4 runs in the 2nd half.

The issue is how many other teams have better, equal or worse pitching in the second half of a season. The season is so long and generally the second half is trying to ride you pitching harder because of the chance for playoffs.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
We'll never know, but without getting to 49-50, I'd be interested to know who wouldn't be on this team right now, if anyone.

Robin Ventura's managerial career is over in two months.

You really think RV is gone?

The least they could have done was get Parra.

O's will be tied with Jays and both one game clear of the Twins if they win tonight.

In the end, it probably wouldn't have been enough with the strikeout game stretch clearly having taken too much out of Sale.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
I say 5 wins but thought I would pass that along.

Yeah I read the projections. I had them at 6-7. But here's the thing. With all the dysfunction last season. Marc Trestman being one of the worst Head Coaches I've ever seen. Aaron Kromer being outed as a rat. The defense letting teams score 21 points in the first quarter. Brandon Marshall going crazy. They still finished with 5 wins.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
This.

Normal Chris Sale = Effective

Pissed/Angry Chris Sale = What we saw today/against Boston.

I remember a game either last year or a couple years ago when sale was pitching and viciedo made a stupid play in the outfield for a error. You could tell sale was pissed and started throwing harder and got very wild and start coughing up runs.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
The issue is how many other teams have better, equal or worse pitching in the second half of a season. The season is so long and generally the second half is trying to ride you pitching harder because of the chance for playoffs.

League wide, over the last 6 years, maybe there's a trend downwards of about 0.05 runs on ERA in the 2nd half but it's darn close to first half = second half.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
Yeah I read the projections. I had them at 6-7. But here's the thing. With all the dysfunction last season. Marc Trestman being one of the worst Head Coaches I've ever seen. Aaron Kromer being outed as a rat. The defense letting teams score 21 points in the first quarter. Brandon Marshall going crazy. They still finished with 5 wins.

As a Bear fan I need something with the s***ty Sox.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
As a Bear fan I need something with the s***ty Sox.

Hell last December I thought the Sox would give me some hope with the Bears in disarray. Now it's the other way around. Atleast the Bears have a stable coaching staff now.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
Hell last December I thought the Sox would give me some hope with the Bears in disarray. Now it's the other way around. Atleast the Bears have a stable coaching staff now.

Sad part is thought of bears having stable coaching staff every year and yet they keep playing the same.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)

True