8/4 - Rays at White Sox

QUOTE (joegraz @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
That's the problem....we won't. I personally have not spent a nickle on them Until the attendance is Holy Crap low, this continues.

3 years ago I said as long as KW is still with the Sox, I am not going to a game. I used to go to 15 to 20 a year.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
I was checking the Chisox website and they have a story there about the Sox striving for consistency. What kind of consistency? losing by blowouts maybe? Then there is one on Garcia tring to find his power stroke as he continues to make outs by chasing balls outside and out of the zone.

You know things are going bad when elrockin makes a negative post.

Im sure glad I have an IDGAF attitude otherwise Id be a sad panda.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 01:45 AM)
Offspeed pitch to Mahtook from Robertson last night pretty much ended the season...and the disastrous bottom of the 9th.

You are right. The season did officially end last night. Good post. Thanks, McEwing. That did make it official IMO.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 01:46 AM)
shut down Sale for 15 days please

Yep. Good call, big Hurt. No reason to keep trotting Sale out there. DL time. Save him for next season when we try again with a great pitching staff and little else.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 01:49 AM)
Sale's ERA gone from 2.85 to 3.46 in the last 2 games.

I trust your figures, but that is really amazing how quickly it can skyrocket. 3.46 is pretty un-spectacular. 2.85 is great.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 01:56 AM)
We'll never know, but without getting to 49-50, I'd be interested to know who wouldn't be on this team right now, if anyone.

Robin Ventura's managerial career is over in two months.

I think u are right. Although the times we creep to within a game or two of .500 it seems like he's as good as any manager. The ups and downs of this team suggest he really should be shown the door, though. I'd still like Leyland or LaRussa. If they won't do it, Piniella. Of course I'd love Ozzie, but his mouth ruined possibilities of that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 02:06 AM)
Give Thompson an AB so he doesn't have to think about tomorrow all night.

He should play every day the next seven weeks. Why not? Give him a tryout.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 02:31 AM)
3 years ago I said as long as KW is still with the Sox, I am not going to a game. I used to go to 15 to 20 a year.

That's pretty cool. You actually were right to blame him. You may be the smartest Sox fan alive. I didn't realize KW was that bad, but in reality he is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
If it were the september callups you'd expect the whole league to show that effect and that def. isn't true.

Maybe the Cell does get warmer those months, but again, why would it be focused on us rather than a league wide thing?

I seriously think it's a strong indication we just wear these guys down.

With the bullpen they had last year, there really wasn't much choice.

If you go back to 2005, with that bullpen, it would be harder to explain...on the other hand, it's not like they were terribleat all, I think they were 8 games over .500 in September after struggling through August.

Maybe August weather in Chicago?

Is there also a correlation with rhe Cubs' starters in August, especially when they had more day games?

This game got out of hand so quickly the only slightly compelling game is in Washington.

Rizzo might be available as well if the Nationals don't make the playoffs.

Nationals (Escobar) just booted the final out. D Backs can tie with two outs against Papelbon.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
I got blocked by David Haugh for asking him why is he silent on Robin now that we're on a losing streak? He had no problem pointing out the great job he's doing during the run.

You're probably better off.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
You're probably better off.

Yeah I am. That's two Chicago writers for me. Michael C Wright got mad when I talked to two Jets writers about something he reported. Showed him he was wrong and he blocked me. Turned out I was right. The Bears did have enough money to sign a guard(he said we didnt) and the person he said we had no interest in was wrong.

David Haugh said

"Dumb comment, but I'm sure you amused yourself. Congrats."

All I asked is why is he quiet on Robin's job now that we are on a losing streak. Apparently only when we're winning is it a good time to comment. What thin skin some of these guys have.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 02:51 AM)
Yeah I am. That's two Chicago writers for me. Michael C Wright got mad when I talked to two Jets writers about something he reported. Showed him he was wrong and he blocked me. Turned out I was right. The Bears did have enough money to sign a guard(he said we didnt) and the person he said we had no interest in was wrong.

David Haugh said

"Dumb comment, but I'm sure you amused yourself. Congrats."

All I asked is why is he quiet on Robin's job now that we are on a losing streak. Apparently only when we're winning is it a good time to comment. What thin skin some of these guys have.

Why send snide remarks to writers? Nine of 10 times they'll do what those 2 guys did. Block you. Those guys are paid poorly, work in a dying industry, have bosses that are complete assholes and they don't get paid overtime. They take 6 a.m. flights to save their dying companies money. Ballplayers for the most part hate them. Fans hate them. I read somewhere sportswriting ranked 200th of the 200 worst jobs in America. Last year it was 199, one better than lumberjack. Give those guys a break IMO. They know they have wretched jobs.

DL Sale, dangle Samardzija in waivers, try and cut/send down the Leury Garcias and Gordon Beckhams of the world in order to call up young guys like E. Johnson, M. Johnson, Davidson, and Coats (obviously some will wait until September) to see what they've got. That should be the plan for the rest of the year.

I'm pretty sure Hawk knows Robin is a lousy manager. He doesn't praise Robin incessantly like he always did Beckham. I bet u when Robin gets canned or resigns after the season, Hawk's schtick next year will be how Robin is a great guy but the organization is really looking forward to play under the new manager.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Why send snide remarks to writers? Nine of 10 times they'll do what those 2 guys did. Block you. Those guys are paid poorly, work in a dying industry, have bosses that are complete assholes and they don't get paid overtime. They take 6 a.m. flights to save their dying companies money. Ballplayers for the most part hate them. Fans hate them. I read somewhere sportswriting ranked 200th of the 200 worst jobs in America. Last year it was 199, one better than lumberjack. Give those guys a break IMO. They know they have wretched jobs.

If they cant take back what they dish out too bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:58 PM)
I'm pretty sure Hawk knows Robin is a lousy manager. He doesn't praise Robin incessantly like he always did Beckham. I bet u when Robin gets canned or resigns after the season, Hawk's schtick next year will be how Robin is a great guy but the organization is really looking forward to play under the new manager.

I have a feeling Ozzie Guillen will be the manager of next year's team. I also think it's likely that Buehrle signs a one year deal here, or in St. Louis.