8/4 - Rays at White Sox

This is an absolute must win game if the Sox want to stay in this thing. Our ace against their ace. Sale better have his good stuff. A loss pretty much means we are done IMO.

Feel free to post your predictions for each pitcher. I'm going to guess:

Sale - 7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 11 K

Archer - 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 9 K

The Sox win 3-2 and Sale gets his 10th win of the season.

Edited by Mike F.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
Would be interesting if Robin throws Thompson out there in his debut against Archer. Would be a hell of a "Welcome to the big leagues kid" moment.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to it.

Letting him face Archer in his big league debut would show him what the best of the best look like at the MLB level. Who knows, maybe Thompson could surprise us.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 12:16 AM)
This is an absolute must win game if the Sox want to stay in this thing. Our ace against their ace. Sale better have his good stuff. A loss pretty much means we are done IMO.

Feel free to post your predictions for each pitcher. I'm going to guess:

Sale - 7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 11 K

Archer - 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 9 K

The Sox win 3-2 and Sale gets his 10th win of the season.

I'll say:

Sale- 6.1 IP, 9 H, 4 R (3 ER), 0 BB, 7 K

Archer- 8 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 10 K

Sox lose 5-3 despite an Abreu 3-run HR.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
Would be interesting if Robin throws Thompson out there in his debut against Archer. Would be a hell of a "Welcome to the big leagues kid" moment.

Rays did that with that 1b they called up last night and Quintana. Wasn't pretty. HBP, followed by K swinging (blown away) and frozen K.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Garcia still in the lineup....what a surprise

Yeah they should throw Trace Thompson to the wolves, and then when he goes 0-4 with the golden sombrero, we can b**** about Robin's managerial skills, and then go back to his lack of experience when he took the job.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
Yeah they should throw Trace Thompson to the wolves, and then when he goes 0-4 with the golden sombrero, we can b**** about Robin's managerial skills, and then go back to his lack of experience when he took the job.

So start the guy who gave up 2 runs because of terrible plays in the OF last night? Besides McEwing's stupidity Garcia cost us the game. But by all means keep him playing. It's working wonders so far.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)

I agree. It's better than throwing Avisail Garcia to the wolves AGAIN, and then when he goes 0-4 with the golden sombrero, we can b**** about Robin's managerial skills, and then go back to his lack of experience when he took the job.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
So start the guy who gave up 2 runs because of terrible plays in the OF last night? Besides McEwing's stupidity Garcia cost us the game. But by all means keep him playing. It's working wonders so far.

To be fair, Garcia gave up 1 run directly last night but he also got on base and scored one. TT probably wouldn't do either of those.

while i agree waving alexei through was a boneheaded move, we don't know if flowers could've batted alexei and /or leury in.

tough luck.

getiing nothing out of eaton and melky didn't help the cause either-

hope sale and the boys can kick off another streak tonight.

can't expect much out of the upcoming games against the royals and the angels.

go sox!

Edited by muddywolfjohnson

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
To be fair, Garcia gave up 1 run directly last night but he also got on base and scored one. TT probably wouldn't do either of those.

Fine with me. Garcia is embarrassing himself at the plate and outfield right now. He is the one who looks like he was just called up.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)

Even if Thompson goes 0 for 4 at least he can play defense which already puts the Sox ahead of the game. There's no guarantee that Garcia gets any hits anyway.